Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can I get a licence/permit?

Can I get a licence/permit?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Can I get a licence/permit?

It's a long shot, I know, but if I don't ask I shall always wonder

When I got married I had my bouquet freeze-dried and it has been mounted in a frame within domed glass. So it is all in 3D, pretty much as it looked on the day .

Knowing how strict the Aussies are on importing plant material, is there any way I can obtain an import licence or permit to bring it with us? I know it's only one item but I would be very sorry to have to leave it behind

Thanks

Adi
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get a licence/permit?

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
It's a long shot, I know, but if I don't ask I shall always wonder

When I got married I had my bouquet freeze-dried and it has been mounted in a frame within domed glass. So it is all in 3D, pretty much as it looked on the day .

Knowing how strict the Aussies are on importing plant material, is there any way I can obtain an import licence or permit to bring it with us? I know it's only one item but I would be very sorry to have to leave it behind

Thanks

Adi
contact the aussie customs service they can irradiate plant materials to kill any possibility of it germinating but at what cost i`m not sure

regards steve
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can I get a licence/permit?

Thanks for that! I have scoured their website, gone through to AQIS and then through to ICON. I have sent ICON an email and now await a reply!