Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can I find my phone number????

Can I find my phone number????

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Can I find my phone number????

This may be a very stupid question but -

I have today moved into a rented property and have started looking for landline/broadband package. The providers have all asked for my phone number to check if they can provide services in my area. I asked the real estate agent this morning if the property had a phone line or number and she said she didn't know. Is there anyway I can check if the property has a connected phone line and if so what the number is. I understand the easy answer may be to plug a phone in but I haven't got one yet and I am not staying at the property tonight. I will move in on Sunday.

Thanks guys.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:46 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I find my phone number????

Originally Posted by chrissystevo
This may be a very stupid question but -

I have today moved into a rented property and have started looking for landline/broadband package. The providers have all asked for my phone number to check if they can provide services in my area. I asked the real estate agent this morning if the property had a phone line or number and she said she didn't know. Is there anyway I can check if the property has a connected phone line and if so what the number is. I understand the easy answer may be to plug a phone in but I haven't got one yet and I am not staying at the property tonight. I will move in on Sunday.

Thanks guys.
Contact Telstra (as the infrastructure providor) and see if you have asked for connection to a service. Telephone numbers are reused once disconnected and are not connected to any particular dwelling continuously. You have to request connection and they will allocate you a number.
Same goes for electricity, gas etc.

Last edited by The Bloke; Dec 3rd 2009 at 10:50 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

Borrow a phone, plug in, dial 12722123 that will give you the number.

Bruce
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:16 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce67
Borrow a phone, plug in, dial 12722123 that will give you the number.

Bruce
Might be a little hard if there isn't a connection???