Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend where to buy a Didjeridoo in Melbourne?

Can anyone recommend where to buy a Didjeridoo in Melbourne?

Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:07 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Question Can anyone recommend where to buy a Didjeridoo in Melbourne?

Hi I want to buy a Didj, its actually for a wedding present. we are going to be in Melbourne for the day next Friday, does anyone know of a good shop? Google hasnt really brought anything up, only online stores and I want to see before I buy.

It must be a proper instrument not a crappy ornamental thing.

Cheers for any info
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone recommend where to buy a Didjeridoo in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by Possums
It must be a proper instrument not a crappy ornamental thing.

Cheers for any info
A didgeridoo is only a hollowed out piece of wood so not exactly a proper instrument.

Swanston St. there are loads of souvenir shops.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:11 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
A didgeridoo is only a hollowed out piece of wood so not exactly a proper instrument.

Swanston St. there are loads of souvenir shops.
oh please crawl back into your hole
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:13 am
Account Closed

oh please crawl back into your hole
No! If you don't like it don't start threads.

Last edited by Deancm; Jul 4th 2009 at 8:17 am.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No! If you don't like it don't start threads.
Why answer if you are only going to be sarky? There's nothing written that you have to post on every thread, you know.

Possums, I found this site based near Melbourne for lessons and buying digeridoos. http://www.didgeman.com.au/

Apparently they help stop snoring, so I'm getting one for the OH!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:00 am
(^v^)

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why answer if you are only going to be sarky? There's nothing written that you have to post on every thread, you know.

Possums, I found this site based near Melbourne for lessons and buying digeridoos. http://www.didgeman.com.au/

Apparently they help stop snoring, so I'm getting one for the OH!
thanks Dorothy, thats a good site its 40k away from the city though and we only have an afternoon before we fly to the UK but I will contact him and see what he says
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

By that reckoning, no instrument is a proper instrument. The only reason violins etc look the way they do is because people with nothing else to do have tried to make something very basic look pretty, at the end of the day a violin is a box with strings along it.

It's as much a real instrument as a successful marriage is more than just possible. You have a very sad outlook on life but then presumably this is just a wind up.

Continue much longer and you could find yourself being labelled a troll and banned when all you are is bored.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:14 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Dorothy, thats a good site its 40k away from the city though and we only have an afternoon before we fly to the UK but I will contact him and see what he says
What afternoon?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why answer if you are only going to be sarky?
And the OP's response to my answer wasn't? As a moderator you should be impartial.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:16 am
(^v^)

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
What afternoon?
next Friday, why are you taking me Didj shopping?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And the OP's response to my answer wasn't? As a moderator you should be impartial.
Just because someone is a moderator, doesn't mean they can't have an opinion. We are first and foremost posters who happen to Moderate as well.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
By that reckoning, no instrument is a proper instrument. The only reason violins etc look the way they do is because people with nothing else to do have tried to make something very basic look pretty, at the end of the day a violin is a box with strings along it.
Well a didgeridoo isn't exactly the same as a piano, guitar, violin, flute etc is it?

It's as much a real instrument as a successful marriage is more than just possible. You have a very sad outlook on life but then presumably this is just a wind up.
What has marriage got to do with this thread?

Continue much longer and you could find yourself being labelled a troll and banned when all you are is bored.
So you are going to ban me for having an opinion or point of view on things that are different from the majority on here? We are not living in China you know.

And just exactly how am I trolling? A question was asked and I gave a straight answer and then the OP responds with an inflammatory comment. Nice!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:41 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Can anyone recommend where to buy a Didjeridoo in Melbourne?

Further evidence - if any was needed - that you're about as cultured as a bucket of warm spit.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Further evidence - if any was needed - that you're about as cultured as a bucket of warm spit.
And there's further evidence that you think too highly of yourself.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:01 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

next Friday, why are you taking me Didj shopping?
Was hoping it would of been a weekend day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.