Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can anyone recommend travel insurance for 457'ers

can anyone recommend travel insurance for 457'ers

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default can anyone recommend travel insurance for 457'ers

Hey Guys,

Live in Australia, not PR yet, going to Thailand and Cambodia with my Hungarian partner for 2 weeks in November. Small print of any Aussie insurance companies says we need to be PR to qualify.

I go through IMAN as part of 457 conditions but they dont cover you for OS trips. Can anyone recommend a insurance company where i can take a policy out (just for health, dont care about baggage) with an aussie address as home base but being EU citizens at least till get PR?

Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: can anyone recommend travel insurance for 457'ers

Originally Posted by Sherro
Hey Guys,

Live in Australia, not PR yet, going to Thailand and Cambodia with my Hungarian partner for 2 weeks in November. Small print of any Aussie insurance companies says we need to be PR to qualify.

I go through IMAN as part of 457 conditions but they dont cover you for OS trips. Can anyone recommend a insurance company where i can take a policy out (just for health, dont care about baggage) with an aussie address as home base but being EU citizens at least till get PR?

Cheers
Book your hols with a credit card, they usually provide some sort of insurance free. We are on 457 and usually get travel insurance with a UK provider without any issues. Try your country of citizenship, they should be able to provide it.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:08 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Greetings from Hungary. I am similar situation, Oz citizen but out of Medicare loop, so need private insurance when in Oz.

After much research found Australia Unity, just Google, they do economically priced health insurance for non medicare visitors, PRs and citizens, most cannot offer anything to PR and citizens

Hope this helps
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the heads up guys appreciate it, ill look into both, although too late on Credit Card I know Australian Unity well so will see what they have. thanks again
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by balkanghost
Greetings from Hungary. I am similar situation, Oz citizen but out of Medicare loop, so need private insurance when in Oz.

After much research found Australia Unity, just Google, they do economically priced health insurance for non medicare visitors, PRs and citizens, most cannot offer anything to PR and citizens

Hope this helps
I found this also which might help you mate

http://www.insure4less.com.au/blog/2...ent-residents/