Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone identify this spider?

Wikiposts

Can anyone identify this spider?

Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Doo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone identify this spider?

They're one of the things I'm dreading when I get out there. But I'm sure I'll get used to them. As people have said they do more good than harm. Hopefully I won't see one on my shoulder when I'm driving - I'm bad enough with wasps in the car now!

Check out this link on youtube for a slightly larger hunstman found in the shower. typed in 'huntsman spider'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67aL4K7EPdc
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:59 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego

Had a redback infestation in the garage too ... not any more, the daddy long-legs are back and that is a GOOD sign
Ah I didnt realise that......we've got loads of daddy long legs in the garage.....happy now
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Emmie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Everyone else has answered what it is. Don't worry too much about them, they are good to have around apparently as they eat the redbacks. If spiders really bother you then get a big carton of Mortein and go around and spray the outsides every 6 months and that will keep them at bay. Available at Bunnings in a big grey carton. Kills cockies, ants and other creepys too.
Wait till you're driving up the freeway at 110 kph and you sense something moving on the driverside window. You turn to see a huge huntsman 4 inches from your nose ......... you scream!! It leaps onto your leg and you are wearing shorts............You scream even louder......... brake (really hard) and end up on the hard shoulder. Your turn to leap now.......... out of the car!!!! As you do so you brush it off your leg and and it falls into the drivers well and scuttles under the seat. You slam the door shut!!
A police car pulls in behind you and two policemen ask if there's a problem........... you explain.......they ask you to blow in a bag!!!! Then one of coppers opens the drivers door and sees the huntsman on the headrest of your seat, he cups his hand and brushes it towards the open door......... it lands on his boot.......... Arghhhh. We all scream!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

KangaRay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emmie01
Wait till you're driving up the freeway at 110 kph and you sense something moving on the driverside window. You turn to see a huge huntsman 4 inches from your nose ......... you scream!! It leaps onto your leg and you are wearing shorts............You scream even louder......... brake (really hard) and end up on the hard shoulder. Your turn to leap now.......... out of the car!!!! As you do so you brush it off your leg and and it falls into the drivers well and scuttles under the seat. You slam the door shut!!
A police car pulls in behind you and two policemen ask if there's a problem........... you explain.......they ask you to blow in a bag!!!! Then one of coppers opens the drivers door and sees the huntsman on the headrest of your seat, he cups his hand and brushes it towards the open door......... it lands on his boot.......... Arghhhh. We all scream!!
At least one of the coppers got it out for you!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KangaRay
At least one of the coppers got it out for you!

ooer missus!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:53 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I am so skeeved out by all this talk of spiders! AGH!

Although i was quite disappointed after my recent trip to Oz that I didn't see a single thing that could kill me! I even went to the zoo and they had nothing!

T
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
I am so skeeved out by all this talk of spiders! AGH!

Although i was quite disappointed after my recent trip to Oz that I didn't see a single thing that could kill me! I even went to the zoo and they had nothing!

T
I've been in my current house 18months and rarely seen anything......literally one encounter that required a change of underwear in all that time - i posted some photos in another thread (of the spider not the underwear).

However, I shouldn't tempt fate because I'm moving this weekend and need to clean out the storage area under the house - worried!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

KangaRay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
ooer missus!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:08 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

I've been in my current house 18months and rarely seen anything......literally one encounter that required a change of underwear in all that time - i posted some photos in another thread (of the spider not the underwear).

However, I shouldn't tempt fate because I'm moving this weekend and need to clean out the storage area under the house - worried!
rather you than me, I don't think you could pay me to do that!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:11 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Effys
That is what KIDS are for you NARNA !
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by The_Effys
I know....its been nearly a year since it was last sprayed too so they will be thinking about staging a comeback I reckon!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:34 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

I know....its been nearly a year since it was last sprayed too so they will be thinking about staging a comeback I reckon!
Maybe you should throw one of them spider bomb thingys in there & then run for cover in case you get trampled inthe stampede

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I check the shades every time I get in the car (had to remember in Ireland recently that it wasn't necessary )
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:44 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
I check the shades every time I get in the car (had to remember in Ireland recently that it wasn't necessary )
I'm sure I saw a little news clip thing where a woman was driving along in the car & flipped the shade down & a huge spider dropped in her lap! She screamed & lost control of the car as she tried to swap it off & nearly wrote the car off!

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:03 am
Just Joined

_paula_ is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG..........Were hoping to move to perth next year i didn't realise they had the huntsman in WA.I am so bricking it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.