Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help.....pleeeeeeeeease???

Can anyone help.....pleeeeeeeeease???

Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Location: Leeds and Newcastle (depends if im at university or not!)
smilelyns is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can anyone help.....pleeeeeeeeease???

Hi, im writing on behalf of my boss....

She and her husband have both been granted permenant immigration status to Australia.

The issue is, my boss has a daughter, Sam, who is training to be a teacher (she's 30) and a granddaughter who is at primary school (she is 10). They have all decided that they still want to all live in the same country and although Sam would have no real problem getting into Oz when she is a fully trained teacher (in 2 years) she wants to move there now and finish off her studies over there.

The problem is I can't seem to find any relevant information for them. Especially because Sam has a dependent child. I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction. I know my boss can't wait to go but she would love it if sam and her granddaughter could join them.

I would appreciate any kind of response. Thanks, Lyns
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:05 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can anyone help.....pleeeeeeeeease???

Originally Posted by smilelyns

She and her husband have both been granted permenant immigration status to Australia.

The issue is, my boss has a daughter, Sam, who is training to be a teacher (she's 30) and a granddaughter who is at primary school (she is 10). They have all decided that they still want to all live in the same country and although Sam would have no real problem getting into Oz when she is a fully trained teacher (in 2 years) she wants to move there now and finish off her studies over there.

The problem is I can't seem to find any relevant information for them. Especially because Sam has a dependent child. I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction. I know my boss can't wait to go but she would love it if sam and her granddaughter could join them.

Tell your boss to get off his lazy ar5e and find out for himself.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Your boss ought to be proactive and get onto http://www.immi.gov.au

Look at visas like skilled sponsored or remaining relative, but be aware it's likely to be 2-3 years before they can meet the sponsorship/Assurance of Support requirements.

Alternatively the daughter can qualify and look to migrate as an independent - Skill Matching (state sponsored) or regional employer nominated (RSMS) would provide the most immediate visa solution.

Jeremy
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:06 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Earning some brownie points?

Check out the dept of immigration link from JAJ
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Location: Leeds and Newcastle (depends if im at university or not!)
smilelyns is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the nice responses....not earning brownie points just trying to do someone without the faintest idea how to use a computer a favour!

Thanks anyway
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:00 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't do enough for a good boss