Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me?

Can anyone help me?

Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone help me?

Hi!

Apart from reiwa, does anyone know to whom I can complain to or seek advise from regarding a complaint about a real estate guy,

Basically I bought a property from him and he misled me all the way through, stopped me from doing a final inspection and I am now left with a property where the plumbing, air conditioning, retic and pool equipment don't work.

I have contacted reiwa and they told me to contact the branch where he works but they are only believing his side of the story.

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who could help me.

Many thanks

Pudnut...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can anyone help me?

Firstly, i dont htink i would have bought a property if the agent would not allow me a second inspection.

Did you get a survey or professional report on it before you bought? If you did then its them you need to deal with, if you did not, i am not sure how you would stand legally.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Firstly, i dont htink i would have bought a property if the agent would not allow me a second inspection.

Did you get a survey or professional report on it before you bought? If you did then its them you need to deal with, if you did not, i am not sure how you would stand legally.
I think it would also be a good idea to see a solicitor to see what options may exist.

Jeremy
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Here is a link to Ombudsman offices outside QLD

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/BODIESOUTSIDEQLD.html

In QLD we would go through:

For matters related to real estate agents, auctioneers and motor car dealers,
contact the Office of Fair Trading. http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/oft/oftweb.nsf
where I found this interesting comment
Complaints about real estate transactions make up about 15% of all complaints by consumers to the Office of Fair Trading

Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by podgypossum

Hi, when we started to do the final inspection in July he stopped us and said. "as the vendors are renting back from you, you are in a much stronger position, you don't do your final inspection now, you do it a few weeks before you move in"

A few weeks before we moved in we met the agent at the house to do the final inspection, the vendors had moved out early,owing us rent, but we proceeded to do the final inspection. The real estate guy noted all the things that were wrong and told me not to worry he would send the trades round to fix everything. Two weeks later, still with no showers working, he is now denying he ever promised to rectify the problems. He is even saying that we did in fact carry out the final inpection in July and had no corcerns!!
The scumbag!! I think I would have noticed these things if I'd had a final inspection in July!!

I trusted him and followed his advise about this final inspection, I also trusted him when he told me that he would put it all right.

Pudnut
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:18 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pudnut

I trusted him and followed his advise about this final inspection, I also trusted him when he told me that he would put it all right.

Pudnut
I'm sorry to hear your dilemma pudnut. Take JAJ's advice and see a solicitor.

In the meantime everyone, NEVER trust a real estate agent. I'm sure a few of them are OK, but it's your money.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:25 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pudnut
Hi!

Apart from reiwa, does anyone know to whom I can complain to or seek advise from regarding a complaint about a real estate guy,

Basically I bought a property from him and he misled me all the way through, stopped me from doing a final inspection and I am now left with a property where the plumbing, air conditioning, retic and pool equipment don't work.

I have contacted reiwa and they told me to contact the branch where he works but they are only believing his side of the story.

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who could help me.

Many thanks

Pudnut...
Well depends what you have written on your Offer and Acceptance.... does it say that all plumbing , electrical and pool equipment to be in good and working order? or as inspected when you signed the offer?

Yes you should have done a final inspection within 7 days from settlement, but cant change that now. If you have spoken the the Principle of the agency and got no where, then call back REIWA and make a complaint and dont take no for an answer.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

what a pig!!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:32 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hi - a friend of mine works in the Real Estate industry here in Queensland and I asked his advice. His response was:

In Queensland you would contact www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au in Western Aus try www.docep.wa.gov.au/

Good luck!

W.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siren
Well depends what you have written on your Offer and Acceptance.... does it say that all plumbing , electrical and pool equipment to be in good and working order? or as inspected when you signed the offer?

Yes you should have done a final inspection within 7 days from settlement, but cant change that now. If you have spoken the the Principle of the agency and got no where, then call back REIWA and make a complaint and dont take no for an answer.
Yeah Hi Siren
It says on my Offer and Acceptance that "the sellers warrant that all plumbing and pool epuipment and electrical etc are in good working order at final inspection and settlement." Point is there was no final inspection prior to settlement, the real estate guy stopped us, telling us the final inspection happens just before you move in. Unfortunately having never bought a property in WA I didn't know any better and was guided by what he told me.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I will gat back on to Reiwa, I will also make a complaint to fair trading and I think I will also seek legal advice.

Pudnut...