Camping Gear

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Camping Gear

Hi anyone who can advise
We've started the ominous task as thinning out and car booting. The thing is, what do we do with all our camping gear? Do we take it with us or get rid of it in the UK before we go? Do they the little gas cylinders in Oz? Sould we take our portaloo and can we get the cleaning chemicals over there? Now I'ver written them they seem like ridiculous questions but if anyone has the answers - thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: Camping Gear

Bring the lot if you intend to carry on camping out here. however. be aware that customs are very strict on bringing in anything that may carry dirt (hangover from mad cow disease) you may get hit up for a large cleaning bill. I would leave the chemical loo behind, they are very cheap here and yes you can buy all the chemicals.

good luck with the move

Barney
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:00 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Hi anyone who can advise
We've started the ominous task as thinning out and car booting. The thing is, what do we do with all our camping gear? Do we take it with us or get rid of it in the UK before we go? Do they the little gas cylinders in Oz? Sould we take our portaloo and can we get the cleaning chemicals over there? Now I'ver written them they seem like ridiculous questions but if anyone has the answers - thanks
Bear in mind that Oz is possibly the best place on the planet for camping kit... I'd be sorely tempted to sell in the UK and start again...
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

we brought all ours (except gas) even still had french soil on the pegs but dont risk it just make sure its all clean!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Hi anyone who can advise
Clean it up and bring the lot, less hastle having to buy new once here, with the exchange rate things are getting expensive.
All you will have to buy is gas bottles chemicals and some tougher tent pegs as british ones will buckle just looking at the ground out here.

Dale
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your input. To be honest I'm getting to the point of leaving everything as I'm yet to figure our how to clean everything we want to bring with bleach and jeys fluid (or whatever the required liquid is), get everything clean and packed and shipped within 24 hours before the kids unpack it all and use it again! Secretly I'm hoping to get one of those lovely mobile homes to slip away in for romantic weekends on desserted beaches. Anyone want to look after the kids for the weekend? HA HA!!!