Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

campervans or accom great ocean road

campervans or accom great ocean road

Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default campervans or accom great ocean road

Hi, We have parents coming to stay for a month in March and are thinking of taking them down the great ocean road (we are in Phillip Island) where is best to check out campervans for 4 adults/2 kids (4 & 2) or accommodation where we could base ourselves for 2-3 nights while we check out the area?? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: campervans or accom great ocean road

hi, we did a similar thing not so long ago. We made two stops of one night each, then finally stayed in Port Fairy for two nights before heading home. Alot of driving but managed to fit most of it in!

We stayed in the cottage at The Victoria in Port Fairy, lovely combination of old/ vs new only problem was that is right on the main street - but then PF isn';t exactly a major city!; at Port Campbell (night two) we stayed PArkview Apartments - couldn't recommend these highly enough, the lady who ran them was lovely, clean faultess accommodation! We had two apartments next to each other, with adjoining gardens - perfect! Our first accommodation I can't remember it's just before Kennet River (of Koala bear spotting fame), a campsite visited by lots of kangaroos at dusk!

Good luck and enjoy!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

PS Port Campbell is just past the Twelve Apostles, meaning you can go back in the evening and watch them at sunset, plus the penguins ... although, coming from Philip Island you may have had enough of the penguins by now !
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

I did the Great Ocean Road, absolutely fantastic.

Theres a place called Lavers hill half way through it which is stunning but my bit of advice is DO NOT STAY IN THE ROADHOUSE THERE big bugs, tin roof and dirty.....Very very scary hillbilly type place that we had to stay in one night, was an experience I will never forget.