Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Camcorder recommendations for the trip ?

Camcorder recommendations for the trip ?

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Camcorder recommendations for the trip ?

ok looking to buy my first camcorder. Can anyone recommend a good one for a simpleton. Nothing fancy, just for filming our journey to Adelaide and family stuff for relatives, not movie making or owt like that. Also what format do i go for ? Would like to playback on pc/laptop and maybe put onto dvd discs to play on dvd player.

Cheers,
Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 6:38 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Camcorder recommendations for the trip ?

Hi,
We were in the same position in April when we went on our reccie.We bought a sony handycam off of a mate of mine,it's a dcr-hc22e.We bought a case and spare batteries from ebay and it's a really easy to use point and film cam corder.It uses tapes,but you can easily play back thro the tv and I imagine(not done it meslf yet) that you could buy a cheapo dvd recorder from asda (?) and record your films.We thought about buying a dvd recorder but they were too much for us at the time and the discs i think only hold 1/2 hour (may be wrong).Would recommend Sony for ease of use tho,trusted brand etc etc.
Hope that helps.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:16 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyblue
ok looking to buy my first camcorder. Can anyone recommend a good one for a simpleton. Nothing fancy, just for filming our journey to Adelaide and family stuff for relatives, not movie making or owt like that. Also what format do i go for ? Would like to playback on pc/laptop and maybe put onto dvd discs to play on dvd player.

Cheers,
Ian

Go to Jessops and try them out....they are really helpful there...enjoy the trip....we have just returned......C x
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

done quite a bit of research on this one , and MY personal opinion ( normaly a invite for people to say,,YOU DONT WANNA DO THAT )
anyway the following should help, we are opting for the 40g model,,easy to use so heres a link for you http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...M+DVD+Handycam