Reload this Page >

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Milly1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Originally Posted by natalieml
No Problems Milly, If you could just tell me all of your names, your age, where you currently live and where you're planning on moving to and also what you do for a living please?

I have a spread sheet of everyone which I take along to the meetings so people can have a gander and see if there's any commen interests etc.

Thanks!
Im Camilla 36(YUK) partner Paul 46 Gabrielle(8) Ben (6) Im a nurse and Paul Is a Head chef Hopefully going to Brisbane as soon as able!Live in Peterborough .Originally From Bury St edmunds(suffolk)
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Milly1
Im Camilla 36(YUK) partner Paul 46 Gabrielle(8) Ben (6) Im a nurse and Paul Is a Head chef Hopefully going to Brisbane as soon as able!Live in Peterborough .Originally From Bury St edmunds(suffolk)
Hi Camilla,

How far in to the process are you guys?

Colin
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi Camilla,

How far in to the process are you guys?

Colin
Hi Colin Just sent my documents to QNC now sit and wait!!!Have forwarded CV etc but looking @ sponsorship so cant really do much until accepted by nursing council.and from what ive read its their busiest time of year typical!what about you ?what are your plans etc?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Milly1
Hi Colin Just sent my documents to QNC now sit and wait!!!Have forwarded CV etc but looking @ sponsorship so cant really do much until accepted by nursing council.and from what ive read its their busiest time of year typical!what about you ?what are your plans etc?
Hi, we're going on a 176 (family sponsored) PR visa. We applied on 30/11 so hoping to hear within the next month but still waiting for a CO!!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

Thanks Milly, my partner is a Head Chef too!

Looking forward to meeting you!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Milly, my partner is a Head Chef too!

Looking forward to meeting you!
So you are used to all the unsocial hrs they work too?! where abouts in cambridgeshire are you? look forward to meeting everyone wherever it is .
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

oh yes - i'm used to them for sure and used to going to all family gatherings and weddings etc on a weekend on my own too!!

We're based in Huntingdon. Where does your partner work?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

ok - here's what i've got so far...

Attendance:
Natalieml
Alan
Hawkwind
Oz Rascal x4
Iwannabethere x2
Bouncing Kumquat
Graham7
Milly1 x3

Not attending:
StumpySean
Cnpizzo
Cazbeckham
CatSinley

Any more for any more?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seen this thread as it was at the front of British Expats when I logged on,......meetups in Cambridgeshire. Had a quick scan down the thread as we moved from Godmanchester to Avoca Beach NSW and have been here just over a year now.
We have made lots of friends in the area, many from the forum and once we found a house we liked we have really started to settle in.
Anyhow regards to all at the Cambridge meet, we plan to visit the area again on a flying visit in December. Hope the weather holds out for your picnic.....its 21C here and no rain for three weeks, hopefully showers tomorrow. We need it to fill the dams up, water is somewhat restricted here though its improved since last year.
I thought you would enjoy a little update from Oz!!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DerekM
Just seen this thread as it was at the front of British Expats when I logged on,......meetups in Cambridgeshire. Had a quick scan down the thread as we moved from Godmanchester to Avoca Beach NSW and have been here just over a year now.
We have made lots of friends in the area, many from the forum and once we found a house we liked we have really started to settle in.
Anyhow regards to all at the Cambridge meet, we plan to visit the area again on a flying visit in December. Hope the weather holds out for your picnic.....its 21C here and no rain for three weeks, hopefully showers tomorrow. We need it to fill the dams up, water is somewhat restricted here though its improved since last year.
I thought you would enjoy a little update from Oz!!
Thanks Derek, glad to hear things are going well for you and you are settling in well. Good luck for some rain tomorrow - we've had a fair bit today (no surprises eh!!).
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Derek, I'm living in Godmanchester at the mo!

If we've got another meet up around the time you're back then maybe we could bully you into coming and telling us all what it's like to emigrate out there (and making us VERY jealous!)?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Any more for any more?

Is everyone happy bringing their own picnic or would you prefer bringing a dish each and sharing? Let's hope it's a sunny one!

Contingency plan - NEAREST PUB!!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Any more for any more?

Is everyone happy bringing their own picnic or would you prefer bringing a dish each and sharing? Let's hope it's a sunny one!

Contingency plan - NEAREST PUB!!!!!!
Whichever. Just as long as there are some veggie options! Did we decide on which park yet? (Sorry - brain not working at 100%!)
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

We are happy to bring a couple of dishes and share. We're avid meat eaters

Has anyone got a gazebo they can bring?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
We are happy to bring a couple of dishes and share. We're avid meat eaters

Has anyone got a gazebo they can bring?
Got a largish hexagonal gazebo but will need help carrying and erecting if that helps?(actually I will watch while others do the work - blame it all on the pregnancy!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.