Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Old May 30th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Picnic sounds good, especially as I am veggie and get jumpy about veggie stuff on a meat BBQ etc. Emberton Park good for me. Are there toilets there?
I'm a veggie too

I couldn't make the first one but just thinking I am a fair bit away from where you all met last time but fairly rural with plenty of space, you'd be welcome to meet at ours (I can't see us selling the damn house before then) we are between March and Wisbech.......... have a look it's probably an hour from where you all last met??
Old May 30th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Picnic sounds good, especially as I am veggie and get jumpy about veggie stuff on a meat BBQ etc. Emberton Park good for me. Are there toilets there?
Yes I know there are at least one set of toilets which aren't more than 300m from the main picnic area.

I just think the picnic will work better as we can all just sort ourselves out and no-one has to take on the role of chef - which I know I wouldn't want to do, I'd be worried I was missing out on the gossip!!
Old May 30th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marvinc
I'm a veggie too

I couldn't make the first one but just thinking I am a fair bit away from where you all met last time but fairly rural with plenty of space, you'd be welcome to meet at ours (I can't see us selling the damn house before then) we are between March and Wisbech.......... have a look it's probably an hour from where you all last met??
The AA says Wisbech is 1hr 45 min from MK. Wouldn't want to travel any further than that with a 3 year old. Would possibly need to start earlier too as I would need to leave by 2 if travelling that far.

Could we not picnic at Wyboston somewhere or even slightly further east?
Old May 30th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Coming from Stevenage, Wisbech is a bit of a trek. I often visit my parents up in King's Lynn and that is a good drive itself.

If none of the places already suggested work, how about a meet up in one of the parks in Cambridge??

I'm sure there must be one there that would provide the needs for all.... (Have to look into it though and perhaps this might be better as a last resort???)

Emberton Park sounds quite good. (Not been there myself tho)

Rick
Old May 30th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Coming from Stevenage, Wisbech is a bit of a trek. I often visit my parents up in King's Lynn and that is a good drive itself.

If none of the places already suggested work, how about a meet up in one of the parks in Cambridge??

I'm sure there must be one there that would provide the needs for all.... (Have to look into it though and perhaps this might be better as a last resort???)

Emberton Park sounds quite good. (Not been there myself tho)

Rick
Hey Rick,

Just noticed your signature - congrats on passing your skills assessment and submitting your visa app last week!! Now the waiting really begins...

I like the Cambridge park as an alternative, I think the benefit of Emberton would be that we can all drive right into the park and just hang out by the cars / near the park.

See you soon.

Colin
Old May 31st 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

ok, so i'll look into Emberton Park, otherwise there is the big park in St Neots that has ducks to feed, row boats to play on, a skate park and a couple of kiddies play area (one for younger and one for older kids). It's in the town we met in last time too so we know most people can get there?

I def like the sound of a picnic as the only place I found for a BBQ was in Peterborough which is a bit further for most of you.

Let me know which all of you prefer, Emberton or St Neots and we'll go with the majority vote. I agree that if we're having a picnic we should probably arrive on the earlier side so suggested time would be 11am, what do you think?

x
Old May 31st 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

11 is great for me. Happy with Emberton or St Neots (or Cambridge at a push).

What will be Plan B in case of rain (not a pessimist - honest!!! )?
Old May 31st 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hey Rick,

Just noticed your signature - congrats on passing your skills assessment and submitting your visa app last week!! Now the waiting really begins...

I like the Cambridge park as an alternative, I think the benefit of Emberton would be that we can all drive right into the park and just hang out by the cars / near the park.

See you soon.

Colin
Cheers Colin,

I'm glad its all up to the officials now. (No more stat decs to write and docs to certify... Woo-hoo )

Emberton did sound good because of that and it would probably have more space than an alternative in Cambridge.

See you at the meet.

Rick
Old May 31st 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Natalie,

Either Emberton or St Neots is OK for me.

Just tell me where and when and what to bring (foodwise).....

Rick
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

SW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really niceSW3105 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Natalie,

Either Emberton or St Neots is OK for me.

Just tell me where and when and what to bring (foodwise).....

Rick
There is Ferry Meadows in Peterborough, another option for a picnic - it's pretty much half way between Wisbech and St Neots .. I think!

I'll check with Rob, but I'm sure that we'll be available for the 19th! Would be lovely to see everyone again.

How is everyone getting on by the way? Rob has nearly finished his RPL/CBOK and is soon going to send it away for assessement ... We've been so mega busy with work and holiday, haven't had a huge amount of time to devote to this ... we need to sort out priorities!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

graham7 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Everything seems to have gone mighty quiet, are we still on for the 19th ?

I think the summer could be on hold awaiting our picnic !
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham7
Hi guys,

Everything seems to have gone mighty quiet, are we still on for the 19th ?

I think the summer could be on hold awaiting our picnic !
We're still planning on being there. Natalie won't let us down, she'll be sorting it out as we speak...

Colin
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Have we decided on a venue yet?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought we were going to Emberton Park?

Natalie - are you about to give us an update on the organisation??

Colin x
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

ok guys, just got back from my hols so excuse the quite'ness!

Let me know who's def up for a picnic on the 19th July and whether your preference would be St Neots Park or Emberton and we'll go with a majority vote!

I'll start off the proceedings....

Natalie - Yes (Preference = St Neots)
Ben - No

Also any suggestions for a theme welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.