Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Wikiposts

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:10 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Who volunteers to stand in the corner with a rolled up paper and a red carnation for easy idenitification???!!!!! Oh, actually, it's fine. Anya sitting in the high chair will be easy to spot

It's weird though - got no idea what everyone looks like so putting faces (and real names) to the names is going to be strange!!!
Yes, Bundy, I will be the one trying to squeeze my (extremely ample) behind into a kiddie's chair

The rest of you will be either looking worried (not got visas yet) or euphoric (have got visas) Everyone else in the pub will just look so-so. Should be easy to spot who the Expats are

I guess if we all ask for the 'Yvonne table', we'll get to run into each other that way.

Anya.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:37 am
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,

Looking forward to meeting you all................. perhaps we should go in fancy dress or all wear a ozzy hat , then we will know each other.

I was joking ha ha !!!

katherine & eric
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:30 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by katherineiv
hi all,

Looking forward to meeting you all................. perhaps we should go in fancy dress or all wear a ozzy hat , then we will know each other.

I was joking ha ha !!!

katherine & eric
Just look out for me - I'll be the one asking 'does my bum look big in this...?'

Anya.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

SO SORRY YVONNE

You need to take us off the numbers - works course has been confirmed! 24/25 in KENT so a bit difficult to make B St E.

I hope you all have a good time, please post any interesting topics that arise on the end of this thread and those of us that can't come can see how it went.

If it goes well have another one in a couple of months.

Cheers

Shar
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road
Default Oh dear

so sorry too

I am afraid we will have to cancel aswell. My husband can't make it and I feel a little shy to come on my own. Please forgive us and please include us in any other meetings you may organise.

again a thousand apologies

sally and john
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:39 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh dear

Originally posted by ovenater
so sorry too

I am afraid we will have to cancel aswell. My husband can't make it and I feel a little shy to come on my own. Please forgive us and please include us in any other meetings you may organise.

sally and john

Ahhh, come on your own!!! I am, and I'm really shy at first (no, honest, I am) and I also have a total phobia of walking into pubs on my own
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:28 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

so sorry too

sally and john
Oh what a shame, Sally. We'd really like to see you - don't be put off about coming along on your own - after all, we are all in the same boat about this going to Oz thing, so you will be among *friends*....

After all, you wouldn't want to miss out on seeing Bundy's beaut Liz-Taylor-style rock & me in the High Chair wearing my bib, would you...?!

Anya.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 8:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Meant to say, I may be turning up a wee bit late (but promise to be there!). Just been invited to Mr B's great uncle's 60th birthday party - he hasn't seen that part of his family for 16 years, so I've promised to take him. We'll be hiking it back from Gillingham on Sunday morning and I'll be coming straight on to Bury St Eds.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

so sorry too

sally and john
Oh Sally, please come anyway. None of us know each other so I guess we're all going to feel a bit shy- or maybe you could bring another friend along? Go on......you know you want to....

Yvonnexxx
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:21 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by YFitz
Oh Sally, please come anyway. None of us know each other so I guess we're all going to feel a bit shy- or maybe you could bring another friend along? Go on......you know you want to....

Yvonnexxx

Yeah, come on Sally! You'll be fine on your own.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Paul & Shar
SO SORRY YVONNE

You need to take us off the numbers - works course has been confirmed! 24/25 in KENT so a bit difficult to make B St E.

I hope you all have a good time, please post any interesting topics that arise on the end of this thread and those of us that can't come can see how it went.

If it goes well have another one in a couple of months.

Cheers

Shar
That's a real shame Shar. Hopefully this will be the first of many get togethers though and we'll see you at the next one.
P.S. How's your babe doing? Mine has taken to getting up at 5.30 every morning. It's horrific!
Yvonne x
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:21 am
She's a bird, you know

Apparently it's going to be a beautiful day on Sunday - let's hope we can all sit in the beer garden and the assorted kids can play outside!

Looking forward to it...
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Just to confirm that we are both still coming on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you and chatting about everyones plans & hopes.

Gravyman
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:27 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by bundy
Apparently it's going to be a beautiful day on Sunday - let's hope we can all sit in the beer garden and the assorted kids can play outside!

Looking forward to it...
Nah, the kids will all be inside, proppin' up the bar, downing vodka shots, smoking cigars & boasting about whose Dad has the most cool car, while we grownies sit outside, *trying* to be good, like what we've been told to be....

Yay! Sounds good to me!

Anya.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:29 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by anya4oz
Nah, the kids will all be inside, proppin' up the bar, downing vodka shots, smoking cigars & boasting about whose Dad has the most cool car, while we grownies sit outside, *trying* to be good, like what we've been told to be....

Yay! Sounds good to me!

Anya.

LOL!!!
Thought you were going to be in the highchair, Anya?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.