Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Wikiposts

Cambridge (and surrounds) meet

Old Apr 7th 2004, 5:24 am
Just Joined

suffolkdino is on a distinguished road

Paul/Shar - thanks for the organising - Im glad your kids are the same age as mine Grace will be 7 this week and Jacob is 5. Havent written on this site before - Im Chrissy, married to Paul (suffolkdino) Be nice to meet all in person
Old Apr 7th 2004, 6:12 am
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

just to let you know that we will be able to make the 25th.
Looking forward to it and meeting you all.

Eric, katherine 2kids Matthew 7 & Lyndon 10 months
Old Apr 7th 2004, 7:25 am
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

yfitz,
well done and thanks for all the hard work,look forward to meeting everybody in person though with the numbers we seem to be getting they may have to give us the whole of the upstairs area
regards
mark
Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

If I've counted this up correctly we now have 18 adults, 8 children, 2 babies(highchairs), and 2 little babies!! Erin (my 6 year old) is soooo excited about all this!
Will speak to Rushbrooke Arms tomorrow and let them know the menu we have agreed on and hopefully we can also agree a price close to the £10 mark. I asked them if we could have "the alcove" which is the alcove (funnily enough ) close to the play room- for people who know the Rushbrooke Arms it's not the tables actually inside the play room as they are a bit manky. They have said it won't be a problem to do a big table for us in the alcove. (It means that when the kids are going between our table and the play room they are close at hand and aren't charging through the whole restaurant accosting the waiters and getting roast beef and gravy dropped on their heads ( or depending on how sick your sense of humour is!)

Update on my little grumpy chap: Monday afternoon he became little grumpy and spotty chap! Dr says he has virus similar to the German Measles virus. The other two also have temperatures now and I'm feeling a bit rubbish myself. I had been looking forward to this holiday for a while as Christmas was such a blur with baby only being 3 weeks old. Do you think these viruses just lie in wait until we have all these plans to do holiday stuff?
Never mind, at least hubby is at home to look after all of us. Maybe he could borrow Erin's nurses outfit
Old Apr 7th 2004, 7:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by YFitz
If I've counted this up correctly we now have 18 adults, 8 children, 2 babies(highchairs), and 2 little babies!! Erin (my 6 year old) is soooo excited about all this!
Will speak to Rushbrooke Arms tomorrow and let them know the menu we have agreed on and hopefully we can also agree a price close to the £10 mark. I asked them if we could have "the alcove" which is the alcove (funnily enough ) close to the play room- for people who know the Rushbrooke Arms it's not the tables actually inside the play room as they are a bit manky. They have said it won't be a problem to do a big table for us in the alcove. (It means that when the kids are going between our table and the play room they are close at hand and aren't charging through the whole restaurant accosting the waiters and getting roast beef and gravy dropped on their heads ( or depending on how sick your sense of humour is!)

Update on my little grumpy chap: Monday afternoon he became little grumpy and spotty chap! Dr says he has virus similar to the German Measles virus. The other two also have temperatures now and I'm feeling a bit rubbish myself. I had been looking forward to this holiday for a while as Christmas was such a blur with baby only being 3 weeks old. Do you think these viruses just lie in wait until we have all these plans to do holiday stuff?
Never mind, at least hubby is at home to look after all of us. Maybe he could borrow Erin's nurses outfit

Well done Yvonne, all systems go then. Like the alcove idea - makes good sense. See, I'd never have thought of that being without child myself!

As for viruses - yes, they always wait until you've got a nice few days off work and plenty of plans and then they pop up. Bet it lasts until next Tuesday, right??!!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:33 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Get Well Soon!

Thanks for organising the meet - well done! Can we send you off to sort out Iraq now?

Very sorry to hear your family are ill - best plan is stay in, keep warm, watch Disney on TV & drink hot milk with brandy in.....? (melt easter eggs & brandy in hot milk??)

Please can you post any pics you take of hubby in the nurse's outfit btw?

Take care & get well soon!

Anya.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE
I had been looking forward to this holiday for a while as Christmas was such a blur with baby only being 3 weeks old.

Hi Yvonne

Wouldn't you know it I may have to go away with work for a course on that weekend, will know by next week. Will it cause a big problem if I have to cancel and you've booked it by then??

Also just looking at your above quote - what date was your little chap born, my little lady was born 29th November making her 3 1/2 weeks at christmas.

Anyway let me know about cancelling issue - so sorry.

Shar
Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Don't worry Shar, I'm sure it won't matter about the numbers- hopefully you won't have to go on your course though.
My little lad was born on 28th November- there can only be a few hours between them!- hope you can make it and we can bore everyone else silly with baby talk!!
Am off to the Dr's now as think I have tonsilitis and have been in bed all day feeling awful.

Haven't been able to get hubby into nurses uniform yet Anya, but he doesn't need much encouragement to put his scrubs on. He knows I have a thing about George Clooney in his ER days and the scrubs hubby was wearing in theatre for my caesarean kind of accidently got caught up with my things and brought home......honest! Yes, the NHS funding crisis is all down to us nicking stuff.

A hot, shivery, achey Yvonne, with razor blades in my throat
Old Apr 8th 2004, 6:01 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Haven't been able to get hubby into nurses uniform yet Anya, but he doesn't need much encouragement to put his scrubs on. He knows I have a thing about George Clooney in his ER days and the scrubs hubby was wearing in theatre for my caesarean kind of accidently got caught up with my things and brought home......honest! Yes, the NHS funding crisis is all down to us nicking stuff.

A hot, shivery, achey Yvonne, with razor blades in my throat
Oh dear, poor you.... tonsilitis is a truly malevolent condition. Ask the docs/chemist for some of that throat spray stuff that numbs your throat - really helps to deaden the pain.

LOL re. hubby nicking valuable NHS equipment wot I paid for with my taxpayers money, btw

Get well soon!
Anya.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

Hi all

just to let you know we will definately be there but may be at 1 oclock rather than 12. sorry about this but hubbie has something on that i forgot about. If we are too late for dinner we will just have a drink and chat but want to be there all the same.

sorry again sally
Old Apr 18th 2004, 11:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Less than a week to go all you East Anglians!!!!

Did we have a final list of who's coming? Mr B can't (off to London with The Boyz for ANZAC day drunkedness at the Church....you can take the aussie out of australia and all that)

But I'll be there!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Finally got round to popping along to Rushbrook Arms last weeek to give them our revised numbers and menu. I have booked for 18 adults, 8 children and a couple of highchairs. We may have a couple of empty seats but better that than having too few. They were really busy so I didn't get a chance to agree price with anyone with authority to do so but hopefully we can do that on the day. By the way, for whoever gets there first, the table is booked in the name of FITZGERALD.
Looking forward to seeing you all then
Yvonne
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:06 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by bundy
Less than a week to go all you East Anglians!!!!

Did we have a final list of who's coming? Mr B can't (off to London with The Boyz for ANZAC day drunkedness at the Church....you can take the aussie out of australia and all that)

But I'll be there!

Wish I could join you all sounds great. Used to live in Huntingdon for 4 years (3 years ago)

And I don't miss the A14 !!

Jill

Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:34 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Finally got round to popping along to Rushbrook Arms last weeek to give them our revised numbers and menu. I have booked for 18 adults, 8 children and a couple of highchairs. We may have a couple of empty seats but better that than having too few. They were really busy so I didn't get a chance to agree price with anyone with authority to do so but hopefully we can do that on the day. By the way, for whoever gets there first, the table is booked in the name of FITZGERALD.
Looking forward to seeing you all then
Yvonne
Brill! Bags I one of the High Chairs

Thanks, Yvonne & I hope you & your family are all feeling much better this week.

Look forward to seeing all you fellow East Anglians on Sunday @ 1200, then!

Anya.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:39 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by anya4oz
Brill! Bags I one of the High Chairs

Thanks, Yvonne & I hope you & your family are all feeling much better this week.

Look forward to seeing all you fellow East Anglians on Sunday @ 1200, then!

Anya.

Who volunteers to stand in the corner with a rolled up paper and a red carnation for easy idenitification???!!!!! Oh, actually, it's fine. Anya sitting in the high chair will be easy to spot

It's weird though - got no idea what everyone looks like so putting faces (and real names) to the names is going to be strange!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.