Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caloundra schooling & area??

Caloundra schooling & area??

Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Cool Caloundra schooling & area??

Hi guys - just wondering if anyone has any information, on the Coloundra area - Ive heard that house prices have gone mad on the sunshine coast - is there any areas near here that still offer good value for money?? What is it like for families?? and is there plenty to do for teenagers and younger kids? Any good senior schools nearby??

A BIG THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Default Re: Caloundra schooling & area??

meant to say anywhere within a 50km range of Caloundra?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speargun
meant to say anywhere within a 50km range of Caloundra?
erm that would cover a VAST range of areas/property types, suffice to say most of those areas would not come in under $400,000 and go up to whatever you can imagine.

Caloundra itselfs got land from about $220.000 basic estate to 1.3m for canal land (man made brown water) and upward skys the limit for beach.

You could get a estate house in many parts of caloundra for $400,000, small lot built by the land developer.

Schools best look around, IVe seen schools on here mentioned as fabulous (probably is for that persons kid) in real life aussie mate have tales to make hair stand on end about same school. To be honest its the luck of the draw what combination of teacher/kids you get each year. Not quite the performance standards as in the UK.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
erm that would cover a VAST range of areas/property types, suffice to say most of those areas would not come in under $400,000 and go up to whatever you can imagine.

Caloundra itselfs got land from about $220.000 basic estate to 1.3m for canal land (man made brown water) and upward skys the limit for beach.

You could get a estate house in many parts of caloundra for $400,000, small lot built by the land developer.

Schools best look around, IVe seen schools on here mentioned as fabulous (probably is for that persons kid) in real life aussie mate have tales to make hair stand on end about same school. To be honest its the luck of the draw what combination of teacher/kids you get each year. Not quite the performance standards as in the UK.
Hi thanks for the reply have been round Redland area but not as far up as this - we have been looking on the net round Nambour area - as I understand it offers slightly better value for money..and its home to the big pineapple!!
thanks again K sent your way!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Prices have gone up quite alot and seem to still be rising an average 4 bed on a 650 plot would be around $430k . Its a great place for families with great beaches and safe swimming for kids.Maybe a little quiet for older teens in Caloundra . Our local school is great only caters for kids up to year 7 but they are building a new high school next door. We love it here but its not for everyone
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Nambour?? are you serious?
As to original post, $400,000 wont buy you a lot on the coast, however if you go inland a bit you'll find something. Try Palmwoods or Glenview which are only a short drive to the Ocean
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Nambour?? are you serious?
As to original post, $400,000 wont buy you a lot on the coast, however if you go inland a bit you'll find something. Try Palmwoods or Glenview which are only a short drive to the Ocean
mmmm do I take it Nambour is a bit rough??? Thanks for the advice though on the other areas which ill check out- personally id prefer to live a bit further off the coast where things are a bit more reasonable and get a pool as well - though my wife will probably disagree. Would be ok but have decided to rent our place out in the UK while we get established in Aus
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm do I take it Nambour is a bit rough??? Thanks for the advice though on the other areas which ill check out- personally id prefer to live a bit further off the coast where things are a bit more reasonable and get a pool as well - though my wife will probably disagree. Would be ok but have decided to rent our place out in the UK while we get established in Aus
Not sure if Nambour is rough, I don't think there's anywhere on the coast that is dodgy in anyway. If you could go up to $500,000 your range of properties available would go up big time.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:22 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the reply have been round Redland area but not as far up as this - we have been looking on the net round Nambour area - as I understand it offers slightly better value for money..and its home to the big pineapple!!
thanks again K sent your way!
Have you looked at Beachmere

Fark its cheap, seems no one has ever been and knows of it. Lots of money being pumped in at the mo.

To be a pioneer you need to take a risk.. we are.

Houses for sale in this area, 5 mins from beach and 5 mins from highway, with a 2 at the beginning and early 3's is achievable

Maybe worth a look

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...any&cat=&o=def

Steve
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Hi speargun,
We moved to Caloundra (golden Beach) in June and are renting at the moment. We have bought a block of land at Little Mountain and waiting for that to be built, which should be beginning of next year. The children and I love it here, it has all we need and I look forward to the weekends, when I am not working.
The children are 16 and 13 and both go to Caloundra High. Both of them are happy which is the most important thing for me. They have made friends easily, especially the 16 year old who is never at home! far better social life thatn what he had in the UK. Has been a little harder for my 13 year old daughter, but then I think that would be the same changing school in the UK or wherever.
Prices are higher now on the coast, but then you are aware of that, it is all about whats important to you and for me its spending time at the beach at the weekend and having a drink in the evening after work looking out over the sea. All the best, good luck with the move,
Jackie
Old Oct 20th 2007, 5:38 am
Just Joined

sonnymac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackie barden
Hi speargun,
We moved to Caloundra (golden Beach) in June and are renting at the moment. We have bought a block of land at Little Mountain and waiting for that to be built, which should be beginning of next year. The children and I love it here, it has all we need and I look forward to the weekends, when I am not working.
The children are 16 and 13 and both go to Caloundra High. Both of them are happy which is the most important thing for me. They have made friends easily, especially the 16 year old who is never at home! far better social life thatn what he had in the UK. Has been a little harder for my 13 year old daughter, but then I think that would be the same changing school in the UK or wherever.
Prices are higher now on the coast, but then you are aware of that, it is all about whats important to you and for me its spending time at the beach at the weekend and having a drink in the evening after work looking out over the sea. All the best, good luck with the move,
Jackie
Sorry for the invasion guys,I'm Vanni, living in the Gold Coast for now, because I'm studying here but I seriously plan to move to Sunshine Coast with my girlfriend at the end of my degree in business/hospitality (mature student). Anyways, Jackie, I'd like to send you a private msg about little mountain. This is my email vanniATpoc.it (change AT with @)
Thanx