Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

calor gas heater??

calor gas heater??

Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

classybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to all
Default calor gas heater??

Hi, just wondering whether there is any point shipping a calor gas heater to Australia. No point taking it if I can't get the gas or need different connectors.

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:29 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calor gas heater??

Calor gas! haven't heard that term in 30+ years!

Calor gas is just liquid propane which is available over here from many suppliers. As far as I know the propane bottle fittings are universal, but even if they aren't you could get the connector swapped over quite cheaply.

Which part of Australia are you coming to? In Brisbane you will have so little use for a heater it's probably not worth bringing it, and you won't get much more use elsewhere in the country. I had two electric heaters when I lived in Adelaide and they probably got used about two weeks a year, if that.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

classybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to all

Hi, I'm moving to NSW, the Hunter Valley. I think it may get cold where I'm heading so if I can get the gas and maybe a different connector then that will do me
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:32 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

We use a semi portable gas heater in the winter in NSW. More than I want to but wifey gets chilly in the evenings!