Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling Petrol Heads!!

Calling Petrol Heads!!

Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling Petrol Heads!!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Not this year - Have you been to the Bathurst race, I've always liked the look of that ... conrod straight, great name ...
Not done Bathurst yet, no doubt we will get down there one day.

I'm surprised at the singular lack of interest, maybe the phrase "have tickets, will trade for beer" will have some effect..........
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I'm surprised at the singular lack of interest, maybe the phrase "have tickets, will trade for beer" will have some effect..........
Flight tickets?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

You will have heaps of Petrol heads coming at you now. I love it but I'll stick to the F1 in Melbourne.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:31 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Flight tickets?
Don't push your luck!!!! Unless its a very short flight!!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Don't push your luck!!!! Unless its a very short flight!!
Or a lot of beer
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bordy
You will have heaps of Petrol heads coming at you now. I love it but I'll stick to the F1 in Melbourne.
I do prefer F1 - been there watching and marshalling, and I love it. What annoys me about Indy is the fact that the V8s are what most people want to see, and I just don't find them that interesting. Still, its a fun 4 days - as well as the weather is decent.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:43 pm
Home and Happy

Or a lot of beer
Now you're talking! Well at the current rate, I reckon if you pay with 20 cartons of Old Speckled Hen, we might scrape up a return flight and a race ticket......!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Just watch out for the Irish Priest wearing a kilt running out in front of you Polly.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:29 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bordy
Just watch out for the Irish Priest wearing a kilt running out in front of you Polly.
well I had a streaker run out in front of me (and in front of the V8s) 2 years ago, so anything is possible....!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:20 am
Home and Happy

Just bumping this to the top as I find it hard to believe that I have two 4-day passes tom Indy burning a hole in my pocket, to exchange for a couple of cartons of decent beer....and no-one is interested! What is it with you lot! Something good on TV that week???
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:36 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Anyone planning on going to the Indy race on the Gold Coast, October 24th?
(There is a reason for the question, but I want to see if theres any interest first before I reveal all!! )
Arrghh shucks. We fly back to Sydney that day from the Gold Coast.
My brother in law is a right petrol head and would have loved to go.
Typical, he arrives same day as Bathusrt and leaves asame day as the Indy.
Plans, what plans?
Thanks anyway.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Arrghh shucks. We fly back to Sydney that day from the Gold Coast.
My brother in law is a right petrol head and would have loved to go.
Typical, he arrives same day as Bathusrt and leaves asame day as the Indy.
Plans, what plans?
Thanks anyway.
If you want to use the tickets for the other three days, let me know - there are two tickets, valid 21-24th October, so you could use them for Qualifiying & practice and stuff if you want?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:22 am

gedge has disabled reputation

If you want to use the tickets for the other three days, let me know - there are two tickets, valid 21-24th October, so you could use them for Qualifiying & practice and stuff if you want?
Thanks for the offer. We're all booked up. Besides which, the other halves wouldn't be too impressed if we took them on holiday then left them to it whilst we done "man" things! Cheers anyway.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:08 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Thanks for the offer. We're all booked up. Besides which, the other halves wouldn't be too impressed if we took them on holiday then left them to it whilst we done "man" things! Cheers anyway.
No worries, enjoy the holiday!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Now you're talking! Well at the current rate, I reckon if you pay with 20 cartons of Old Speckled Hen, we might scrape up a return flight and a race ticket......!
The beer is still fermenting and I'm trying to find enough Old Speckled Hen bottles ... might be a bit tight deadline-wise ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.