Reload this Page >

Calling Oz from Canada

Calling Oz from Canada

Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:33 am
Just Joined

tradingsnow4sun is on a distinguished road
Question Calling Oz from Canada

Hi,

Been a while since I posted, been here 2 months and rest of the family has been here 2 weeks.

Here is my query....

I want to find a way that friends and family in Canada can use to call us here in Sydney on the cheap.

I know most calling cards require a PIN number + Account number and have to be pre-paid.

I'm wondering if there are any Canadians/Americans here who have found a way for people back in Canada can DIAL DIRECT (or its sometimes called dial around) through a discount rate company and then have the cheap rates billed on their existing telephone bill. I don't want friends to have to deal with the hassle of calling cards, account numbers, and PIN Numbers?

Any suggestions?

Jutin

Last edited by tradingsnow4sun; Jul 26th 2004 at 10:35 am.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:43 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Calling Oz from Canada

Originally posted by tradingsnow4sun
Hi,

Been a while since I posted, been here 2 months and rest of the family has been here 2 weeks.

Here is my query....

I want to find a way that friends and family in Canada can use to call us here in Sydney on the cheap.

I know most calling cards require a PIN number + Account number and have to be pre-paid.

I'm wondering if there are any Canadians/Americans here who have found a way for people back in Canada can DIAL DIRECT (or its sometimes called dial around) through a discount rate company and then have the cheap rates billed on their existing telephone bill. I don't want friends to have to deal with the hassle of calling cards, account numbers, and PIN Numbers?

Any suggestions?

Jutin
Skip the phone - if you have PC's with decent internet connections - use Skype. www.skype.com
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

thegoodbyegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been in Brisbane for a couple of months now (from Canada)....we used:
Yak 10-15-945
or
Looney Call 10-15-565

You just dial either number and then country/area/phone number.

Fantastic savings.

Hope this helps!

TGG

Originally posted by tradingsnow4sun
Hi,

Here is my query....

Any suggestions?

Jutin
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

tradingsnow4sun is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by thegoodbyegirl
We have been in Brisbane for a couple of months now (from Canada)....we used:
Yak 10-15-945
or
Looney Call 10-15-565

You just dial either number and then country/area/phone number.

Fantastic savings.

Hope this helps!

TGG

Thanks so much...I guess there is no excuse now for the in-laws to call. Thanks I think!

Justin not "Jutin"
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Skype is good for pc to pc but try Callserve as well. Not free but allows you to make really cheap calls around the world from your pc to a normal phoneline.

I use it all the time and am still on my first £10.

www.callserve.com

If anyone from callserve is looking, i'd like a commision please.

Mr Iggy