Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

calling car experts! What car?

Wikiposts

calling car experts! What car?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Wink Re: calling car experts! What car?

After 2 years of thinking why do you need a 3lt or 4lt car iam starting to understand the car market in oz, this is what i think. We live in qld so no problem with rust, if you buy a 5 year old holden in good condition 3.5lt low ks for $15000 its old tech but will go & go, starts getting worn about 300000ks so you will get about 10 yrs out of one dirt cheap for parts but will be heavy on fuel about 20miles per gallon at about 40p per lt. The other way is buy a bmw/audi about 10yr for $15000 the money you will save on fuel will be spent on more costly services & repairs. But if the fuel prices rise the euro/jap car seems to be the way to go. Another thing to take into account is your local garage will be able to fix a holden or ford, but if you need to take your bmw in it could be a long trip to dealer so if its not running you will have to have it recovered $$$$$. Aussi cars are big & stupid at first looks but they do make sence sometimes. Dont no if iam turning aussi but i do like the looks of the new holden Commodore
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:02 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calling car experts! What car?

I'll bear in mind what you've said, thanks.

However,

Originally Posted by calNgary
Dont no if iam turning aussi but i do like the looks of the new holden Commodore

Cooler
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:43 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future
Default Re: calling car experts! What car?

I hired a Holden Commodore when I was there last July/August (no smaller cars left so they upgraded me to the larger Holden).

It was actually quite nice to drive. Smooth. I drive a Vauxhall in the UK and found them a similar drive. Braking was far superior on the Commodore (but then again it was brand new). My Vauxhall felt better put together though. Commodore felt a little cheap and plasticky. Even so, I would certainly consider driving one again.