NEWBIE HERE

Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

mancole23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEWBIE HERE

Hey all my names john and my partner is kate just thought id say hi. Me and kate are lookin at moving to australlia next year 2010. She is a teacher primary school/ special needs and im a mechanic car mechanic. We were just looking for info really. Weve been looking at the education system and are just wondering if there are any teachers on here that could help us with any queries we have also any mecahnics who can answer a few queries i have. Were not to sure which part is best to move altho i like the look of east austallia neither of us have visited before so were lookin for all the info we can get thanx.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice
Default Re: NEWBIE HERE

Hiya John & Kate WELCOME TO BEP, sorry I can not help you with your questions, but I m sure some one will be along to help you out.

Good luck with everything

Sarah x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Have a look at Teachers on the Net - Free job search and resume listings for teachers

Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:05 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I'd start by figuring out if you're eligible for a work visa before you get too excited about anything else:

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

hi all we both have been acceptd for a workingvisa as were both 23 years of age. We are both lookin to move when were 25, thanx for replys also were not to sure of what area in australlia are good? I like the look of the east coast
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi mancole, someone will come along shortly with much more visa wisdom than me but if you are referring to the working holiday visa (you mentioned you qualify due to being 23 so I assume this is what you mean) then I believe the working holiday visa only allows you to work in one place for 3 or 6 months then you have to move on to another job. I'm not 100% sure of my facts but I think this is the case. So it might be worth looking in to another type of visa as well.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:38 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

With a working holiday visa you can work for one place for 6 months at the most and then you'd have to switch employers. You will have to leave at the end of your year. If you manage to do 3 months of rural fruit picking or whatever then you can apply for another 1 year working holiday visa, but you will still have to leave after that too.

If you want to stay permanently then you'll have to think of a long term strategy. Are you eligible to apply for a permanent visa right now? If you are (possibly under Kate's skills as a teacher) then you could apply for that and go over on the WHV while you're waiting for it to come through. It might be something to think about.

Unless of course they manage to find a sponsor for a temp visa while they're here.

As far as Kate teaching while she's here you'll likely find that she has to be registered with the appropriate college of teachers of whatever state you are in. So if she's interested in teaching she'll have to sort that out well in advance. For Queensland it took me 4 months to get registered and in that time I couldn't work as a teacher. I believe they process them faster with a job offer though (not relief/or subbing though). Once you are registered at once state it MAY be faster to get it done at the other, not too sure though.

I just thought I'd mention that in case she plans on teaching, she'll want to get the registration sorted out before she comes over. Plus, she'll probably only be able to find relief work anyway knowing that she can't only stay in one place for 6 months at the most.

Now, if you didn't mean a working holiday visa then you'll have to elaborate a bit. If it was a permanent visa then it's a whole different ball game.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

hi there well i will tell you guys the plan. We both intend to stay here in the uk untill july next year 2010. Then hopefully if we have sorted out our many things weve planned to do here first we want to come out to OZ and travel the east coast starting at birbane then going down through sydny and end up in ,melbourne. We are hoping to do this in under a year and our reasons for traveling are to see where we would like to live as in prices places etc. I was hoping to do this on a temp working visa. i got an email from the goverment of OZ saying its 130 GBP and it will take 8 days to come through ant it will entitle me to work there for upto 12 months i can reaply while im out there. While we are traveeling i was hoping to just do temp work to get us by week by week. I have a friend who has done a very similar thing and hes just been labouring and fruit picking also done a few other temp shop jobs. Im only going of what hes told me and he did say work is fairly easy to find and there are alot of travelers. Were wanting to buy a house in time but as we have never been to country we dont know whicha re would suite us best. I realise you must think im mad wantin to buy a house in a country ive never been too. But i like the sound of it and im really eager to give it a go as we both are thank you.