Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:38 pm
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:58 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by asciidental
Ok. I've lived here all my life, so I can help. However, I do need info:
1. What kind of area do you want to live in? Near the beach, river, a lake, rural, semi rural, inner suburbs, outer suburbs, etc.
2. Are you looking to rent or buy?
3. Would you like a newish home or an established home?
4. What is the price range of what you are willing to spend?
5. Do you need to use public transport?
6. Do you have any family or are you planning to have a family?
7. What sort of job area where you planning to apply in?

That's the basic info I need. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to share these details in public.
Hi we are in Perth too. You will upset a lot of expats criticising some of the new towns. Where abouts in Perth are you and what on earth would an 18 yr old perth Girl want to be doing posting to a load of brit expats?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:01 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

if shes lived there for 18 years she can provide a different take on the place. a non-expat perspective for example. it provides a constrast for those intending on moving there. criticising isnt that helpful but if thats her opinion it should be taken as that. i mean if an aussie expat asked for your opinion on your old home town you would be able to say which were the nice parts and where you would want to live if you were to go there wouldnt you.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lynnj
Mindarie is lovely and property prices have just risen due to the lovely people who have moved in

Lynn

I personnally found mindarie just a`little`too far out of city, but, hey, this is a personal opinion!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:09 pm
What's he asking?

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I personnally found mindarie just a`little`too far out of city, but, hey, this is a personal opinion!
i think that is what everyone on here should bear in mind when they ask for opinions on what a place is like. what one person thought of an area or town is going to depend on what thye wanted from it in the first place. how can that ever be the same. i think the only way you ever know what an area is like is by either living in it or visiting it. not great when you live half way round the world. so i guess personal opinions have to be taken into account when investigating whether to even look at those areas in the first place.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:10 pm
i'm digitalicious

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Hi we are in Perth too. You will upset a lot of expats criticising some of the new towns. Where abouts in Perth are you and what on earth would an 18 yr old perth Girl want to be doing posting to a load of brit expats?
Too ****ing bad. I'm not going to change how I feel about certain areas of a place where I have lived my entire life because some expats will get their panties in a twist. People who get upset about my opinions should eat their elbow.

As I've just said, I've lived here my entire life. Therefore, I am in a great position to help people who would like to live or visit here. I've had recent experiences of both private and state primary and secondary schools, plus I now attend university and know WA universities pretty well as well.

I live in Perth. That's all you need to know. Feel free to make an educated guess that I don't live in the new northern suburbs.

I'm also a loving and caring person who likes to help people!!!

Why do you care?

Summary:
Joondalup is a hole.
Most of the new northern suburbs are holes.
I don't care what people think of my opinions.
I've lived in Perth my entire life.
I know Perth well.
I like helping people

Last edited by asciidental; Jan 7th 2004 at 2:12 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:14 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Jirrupin isn't the type to critisice your opinions. And she didn't either. She was just remarking about that some people probably will (maybe).
And I'm also curious about why you're on here? Not that we mind, we're jsut very curious people!!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:17 pm
i'm digitalicious

Originally posted by Simone82
Jirrupin isn't the type to critisice your opinions. And she didn't either. She was just remarking about that some people probably will (maybe).
And I'm also curious about why you're on here? Not that we mind, we're jsut very curious people!!

As I've just said, I've lived here my entire life. Therefore, I am in a great position to help people who would like to live or visit here. I've had recent experiences of both private and state primary and secondary schools, plus I now attend university and know WA universities pretty well as well.

I'm also a loving and caring person who likes to help people!!!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:19 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, ok!
I guess we were just wondering if you've got a british background or maybe thinking of migrating yourself?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:23 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Another thing: I think it's great! I think you could give lots of advice! Especially maybe for us younger people without children!

I also like to help where I can, but my experiences are a little less recent (see my signature and profile for details).
So, which suburb do you live in?
And what course are you doing at which uni?
(As I said, I'm verrrry curious! )

Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:28 pm
i'm digitalicious

Originally posted by Simone82
Yeah, ok!
I guess we were just wondering if you've got a british background or maybe thinking of migrating yourself?

I was born in Perth. My father is Greek/Australian and from an Greek immigrant family, my mother moved from Canada to be with my dad, and she is from a Ukrainian and Polish immigrant family. I will be leaving Perth ASAP after I finish my uni degree.

1. I can't tell you where I live. I have to keep some part of myself a mystery
2. I will be starting my second year of my computer science degree.

If you guess the university I attend in the first try, I will send you a packet of Hob Nobs as a welcoming present when you arrive in Perth

Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:30 pm
What's he asking?

i def think your experiences would be very useful for those who arent married and dont have children. i mean where are the good bars and places to go, good clothes shops etc. i know for some good schools and a nice place to live is probably more important but for me finding out what the place has to offer is more important and i think having a younger poster doing that is a far greater benefit than a hindrance.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i think having a younger poster doing that is a far greater benefit than a hindrance.

Hear Hear
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I was born in Perth. My father is Greek/Australian and from an Greek immigrant family, my mother moved from Canada to be with my dad, and she is from a Ukrainian and Polish immigrant family. I will be leaving Perth ASAP after I finish my uni degree.

1. I can't tell you where I live. I have to keep some part of myself a mystery
2. I will be starting my second year of my computer science degree.

If you guess the university I attend in the first try, I will send you a packet of Hob Nobs as a welcoming present when you arrive in Perth

Right! Ok then!
I guess UWA?
I could look it up by looking a the courses, but can't be bothered
What are Hob Nobs? Never heard of them? Are they new?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:41 pm
What's he asking?

HOb nobs are a british thing. a type of biscuit made out of oats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.