Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Vet Nurses!

Calling all Vet Nurses!

Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

hollysf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all Vet Nurses!

Any UK/Irish vet nurses on this working on Oz at the moment, how do find you it, big differance from working at home?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Vet Nurses!

Originally Posted by hollysf
Any UK/Irish vet nurses on this working on Oz at the moment, how do find you it, big differance from working at home?
I used to be a vet nurse in England but I dont believe the money to be as good here - I may be wrong on that. At our local vet the nurses dont seem to able to do nearly as much but I guess that differs from practice to practice.

One thing that horrified me here was that in seems more acceptable to breed from dogs much older than it does in the UK. A customer in our vets had a 9 year old bitch who had just had another litter, she looked worn out.

I was talking to the vet - she knows I used to be a nurse, and she shrugged her shoulders and said '9 is OK really'. I was always taught that it is far too old and we actively encouraged de-sexing of animals.

But like anywhere, I guess it depends on where you work.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:00 am
Just Joined

hollysf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all Vet Nurses!

Great thanks for that, do you think they do more admin type work than the animal work. Yes that is very old to breed a dog, just done to make money I assume..