Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all sparks / Electricians!!!!

Calling all sparks / Electricians!!!!

Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Calling all sparks / Electricians!!!!

Guys,
I have applied to the Trades recognition for an electrical fitter / mechanics trade certificate. Got a call today to tell me i had been classified as an electrical fitter (Instruments) and if i wanted the fitter/mechanics added to my certifi cate i would need to undergo a practical and theory test at my own expense. I have agreed to do so as i need this category to enable me to apply for most of the work on offer over here at the minute. Was wondering if anyone knows exactly what this trade test involves?

Your help would be much appreciated so i know if there are any areas i need to refresh on,

cheers

Patmoss1976
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Calling all sparks / Electricians!!!!

If you do a search on you will find this has been covered many times here. It seems to be really difficult to work as an electrician in Oz!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

will do cheers steve
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve G
If you do a search on you will find this has been covered many times here. It seems to be really difficult to work as an electrician in Oz!

Don't say that. I want to get hubby into work ASAP so I can laze about in the sun for a while
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

there really is a huge shortage up in briz, i've had 4 interviews and been offered all 4 jobs so far, and i'm still in the process of getting my australian trades certificate sorted!!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by patmoss
there really is a huge shortage up in briz, i've had 4 interviews and been offered all 4 jobs so far, and i'm still in the process of getting my australian trades certificate sorted!!

Thats what I wanted to hear. I can see myself relaxing by a pool now.