Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all secondary teachers in Adelaide!

Calling all secondary teachers in Adelaide!

Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Wallydog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all secondary teachers in Adelaide!

Hi,
I'm new to this site! I've just been to an Expo in Leeds and have discovered that I can get a State sponsored visa for Adelaide. Are there any teachers that have gone through this route?
I am currently an NQT finishing in July this year as a Design tech teacher.
Any advice greatfully received!
Cheers!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all secondary teachers in Adelaide!

Originally Posted by Wallydog
Hi,
I'm new to this site! I've just been to an Expo in Leeds and have discovered that I can get a State sponsored visa for Adelaide. Are there any teachers that have gone through this route?
I am currently an NQT finishing in July this year as a Design tech teacher.
Any advice greatfully received!
Cheers!
Was it just for secondary?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

any advice from all teachers - sorry!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

any advice from all teachers - sorry!
What exactly do you wish to know?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

What is the process, any problems, any tips etc!
I want to teach Design technology in a middle/senior school (I think they are called in Oz).
Looking at the forum I've read that Hallet Cove and Flagstaff Hill are good areas to live. Do you know if there are many schools in these areas?
Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I want to teach Design technology in a middle/senior school (I think they are called in Oz).
Looking at the forum I've read that Hallet Cove and Flagstaff Hill are good areas to live. Do you know if there are many schools in these areas?
Thanks
If it's the same as the WA scheme you won't get a choice in where you go, you'll be placed in a job. Most available positions won't be in places where people would usually want to live. WA scheme very rare to get into Perth Metro.

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Mar 28th 2009 at 10:01 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:01 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I think SA are currently offering only the 475 visa (temporary) for secondary teachers although there will be new lists next week. So, it depends if you are after a permanent move or not.

Cooler
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I think SA are currently offering only the 475 visa (temporary) for secondary teachers although there will be new lists next week. So, it depends if you are after a permanent move or not.

Cooler
If that's the case then I'd say they will have the same issues that WA are having.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info I will wait and see what the emmigration company come back with! They are sending me details with a quote etc.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the info I will wait and see what the emmigration company come back with! They are sending me details with a quote etc.
Quote for what?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Quote for visa process etc.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler

Cooler
I'm wanting to permanently move out there, I thought you needed to live there for 3 years/12months doing your nominated job and then I could apply for permanent residency! It is so confusing!

I originally wanted to move to Victoria, but don't have the 120 points, only 105 and so the State sponsored option was offered to me.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

At a funeral on Friday a woman told me that her son moved over to Aus 3 years ago on a PR. Although he wanted to go to Sydney he was told he had to move to Perth because that's where there was work. Can't you choose where you want to live when you are moving permanently?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:44 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
At a funeral on Friday a woman told me that her son moved over to Aus 3 years ago on a PR. Although he wanted to go to Sydney he was told he had to move to Perth because that's where there was work. Can't you choose where you want to live when you are moving permanently?
Depends on the visa.

Cooler