Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Scots - 3 Things to take with you

Calling all Scots - 3 Things to take with you

Old May 12th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Calling all Scots - 3 Things to take with you

Calling all Scots who are either in Australia or are on the verge of going there. If you had 3 things from Scotland or Scottish items that you could have / take with you to Australia what would they be and why?
Old May 12th 2006, 8:56 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all Scots - 3 Things to take with you

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Calling all Scots who are either in Australia or are on the verge of going there. If you had 3 things from Scotland or Scottish items that you could have / take with you to Australia what would they be and why?

plain breed.....square slice and black puddin lol
Old May 12th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Ditto except black puddin mines would be potato scones. Will need to get recipe from somewhere and take it over. Got a dumplin receipe so I'm awright for Xmas!!!!!
C U later LoneRanger!!!!

Sandra

Originally Posted by biggy
plain breed.....square slice and black puddin lol
Old May 12th 2006, 9:05 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

mine would have to be

tablet, tablet and tablet
Old May 12th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Aye but what kind? Sugary one I presume!!

Originally Posted by td1
mine would have to be

Old May 12th 2006, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by td1
mine would have to be

My MIL sends tablet and dumpling to her sister in law every xmas to oz.
Mandy
Old May 12th 2006, 9:23 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Aye but what kind? Sugary one I presume!!

Definetly the sugary one

Mandy I think I will have to get someone to do that for me. Every time I have tried to make it, it has been a total disaster and ended up in the bin.

Such a waste!!!!!
Old May 12th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Find out who is coming out soon and get them to bring you some with them.

My Aunt is in Adelaide and she loves Tunnock Tea cakes, if you haven't tried them you don't know what you are missing, and she is always threatening to take some back with her, don't know if customs would be too happy at that though.

Originally Posted by td1
Definetly the sugary one

Mandy I think I will have to get someone to do that for me. Every time I have tried to make it, it has been a total disaster and ended up in the bin.

Such a waste!!!!!
Old May 12th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

What would be your three things and why?
Apart from the weans the the OH - oops sorry the BH (I mean Better Half and nothing else!!!!!!!)

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Old May 12th 2006, 9:37 pm
td1
Forum Regular

Find out who is coming out soon and get them to bring you some with them.

My Aunt is in Adelaide and she loves Tunnock Tea cakes, if you haven't tried them you don't know what you are missing, and she is always threatening to take some back with her, don't know if customs would be too happy at that though.

I am still in Scotland just now so will get a few fixes in before I leave in June
Old May 12th 2006, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by td1
Definetly the sugary one

Such a waste!!!!!

My mil tried teaching me i was a disaster and banned from her kitchen she does it with out a cook book says its the family recipie i reckon she left an ingredient out when i was trying to make it.LOL
Mandy
Old May 12th 2006, 9:39 pm

Ditto except black puddin mines would be potato scones. Will need to get recipe from somewhere and take it over. Got a dumplin receipe so I'm awright for Xmas!!!!!
C U later LoneRanger!!!!

Sandra

soapy posted a tattie scome recipe last week....and I still havent made them...FFS dont tell him lol
Old May 12th 2006, 9:40 pm
td1
Forum Regular

Thats what I think my Mum did cos it was her recipe I followed!!

She just says I didn't do it right so I must not have the magic tablet touch when it comes to cooking
Old May 12th 2006, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by td1
Definetly the sugary one

Such a waste!!!!!

with tablet u need to take your time and cook it nice and slow......most peeps problem is they try and rush it and end up wi wee black bits in it. And once its ready u need to give it a good old beat as this makes it sugary
Old May 12th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are in Glasgow and still waiting for the man from Aus to say YES!!! Good luck for the move hopefully we wont be too far behind you. Where are you going to in Aus?

Sandra
Originally Posted by td1
I am still in Scotland just now so will get a few fixes in before I leave in June

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.