Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

calling all plumbers/gasfitters in oz?

calling all plumbers/gasfitters in oz?

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:45 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default calling all plumbers/gasfitters in oz?

hi all heres the dilemma my oh is a fully qualified gasfitter plumber for over ten years in uk. we are moving to gold coast as soon as we get this house sold already have visas. whats the process hes going to have to go through to get his plumbing license his drainage license and his gas one in queensland.
ive looked for the info its so misleading is it a short course with a test at en if hes got all his certs etc is it something that takes months of red tape can anyone help whos been there done this and is wearing the t-shirt so to speak
cheers lesley x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:13 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calling all plumbers/gasfitters in oz?

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
hi all heres the dilemma my oh is a fully qualified gasfitter plumber for over ten years in uk. we are moving to gold coast as soon as we get this house sold already have visas. whats the process hes going to have to go through to get his plumbing license his drainage license and his gas one in queensland.
ive looked for the info its so misleading is it a short course with a test at en if hes got all his certs etc is it something that takes months of red tape can anyone help whos been there done this and is wearing the t-shirt so to speak
cheers lesley x
Use the search function on this site.
Lots of stuff on Plumbers....

Suffice to say though... This is a fair example of what a migrant Plumber can expect when he gets here...

I stuck it out for a year, then fell off a ladder & broke my back, recovered, then started a swimming pool company.
Probably the best thing that ever happened to me...
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Scossie

Suffice to say though... This is a fair example of what a migrant Plumber can expect when he gets here...

I stuck it out for a year, then fell off a ladder & broke my back, recovered, then started a swimming pool company.
oh great thats exactly what i was hoping for it not too be
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:55 am

tried search function still not much good srely theres got to be a licensed plumber on here who can advise
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie

this is more accurate than you think , red tape will be even worse here next year
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You might get more replies now the thread is in lifestyle rather than the Barbie - heres one link to be going on with though

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...umber+brisbane
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

I can only agree unfortunatly, we have been here 2 years and still going through red tape! they do not recognise quals its only to get past TRA.
suck it and see you might get lucky and pick up a job
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

cheers lesley x
I'm trying to go through this process myself.
I found this : http://www.lgp.qld.gov.au/docs/build...or_licence.pdf

I've not got to the part where you have to have qualification recognised first.
I think this has to be done by ANZRA, but the document doesnt make it clear if its for everyone, it looks like its for australian and new zealand citizens.....anyone clarify this please ?
Rob
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You might get more replies now the thread is in lifestyle rather than the Barbie - heres one link to be going on with though

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...umber+brisbane
cheers pollyanna
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by robowen
I'm trying to go through this process myself.
I found this : http://www.lgp.qld.gov.au/docs/build...or_licence.pdf

I've not got to the part where you have to have qualification recognised first.
I think this has to be done by ANZRA, but the document doesnt make it clear if its for everyone, it looks like its for australian and new zealand citizens.....anyone clarify this please ?
Rob
ive downloaded the license forms for draiiners board and plumbing and gas. since thenbeen talking to a few people who have already done this seems for some they get licenses changed over pretty quick believe you have more luck if your plumber and gasfitter.
would be good if more people who have done this came onboard and helped us out with some info though on all experiences
lesley