Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling all Drivers!!!

Wikiposts

Calling all Drivers!!!

Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:01 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Calling all Drivers!!!

Originally Posted by Neil & Shell
Hi

I have a UK C+E and ADR(Hazmat) licence all paid for by H M Forces (Army) (lucky me). I have found this thread very interesting and useful, and I have a couple of questions for you "truckies"

232Bar, the $1,800 you spent on converting your licences what was included in that? Was it 4 Hours training then a test? Did you do ADR with that?

I am looking to convert my licence to HC and possibly MC but I think I might need more than 4 hours training as most of the driving I did with the Army was in tankers on MASSIVE airfields with nobody else around!!

Has anybody completed an ADR (dangerous goods) course over here in Qld? How much and how long did it take? Any info would be appreciated.

One more thing can somebody PM me with contact details of this "Ian Watson" seems like that is the place to sort this out. Any info on more driving work would be good also.

Cheers

Neil
Hello Neil cant say on the ADR stuff but Ian Watson should point you in the right direction.

Convert licence to Qld from Uk is as follows

Go for HC with Qld transport after some training on a HC or HR with a crash box / road ranger non syncro box.

Pass your HC test then convert with a one day course assessed by a trainer for your MC licence. The assessment is not done by Qld transport and hey presto you have your B double licence.

The only criteria is that you have held your HGV 1 or C+E for 12 months or more in the UK.

If not then you will need to wait.

If you have a HGV 2 / C, then you can go take a HR test in Qld then once passed take a conversion straight to B double / MC on a 2 day course. The assessment again not through qld transport

Again you need to have held the HGV 2 for a year in the UK.

Hope this makes some sort of sense I have got the bottom of it after 3 months talking to Qld transport.

Talk to the schools they are generally more reliable than Qld transport.

Oh by the way good luck with those Crash Boxes, certainly not like nice Mercs or Dafs syncs!

www.ianwatson.net
and there is southside of brissy

Major training some useful info here on various licences etc.

www.modts.com.au

Last edited by Bed Of Roses; Feb 4th 2006 at 8:07 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calling all Drivers!!!

Hi

Thanks for that Bed of Roses

Any info on employment opportunities would be great!! Whats the going rate for a MC or HC driver, whats the working conditions like?

Cheers

Neil