Calling all Drivers!!!

Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calling all Drivers!!!

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Jeeeez,
What a load of old tosh!!

The governement would not let them give you a start?????
Did you even have a visa??
No they were going to sponsor me
Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:51 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Really hope you meant $100K Jim???

Yeah sorry mate $100 k
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:19 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raymond Hogan
It is aruling by the Federal Govt that employers have to take people from the local unemployment register, ask any employer and they will tell you the same, I had a job in South Aus.with Serco Buses and the manager there told me under govt regs he could not take me on
I noticed from your posts Raymond, that you left Australia 'DONKEYS YEARS' ago! Believe me, the situation now is VERY different! Just ask the people on this forum who are 'doing it' so to speak!

Anyhow, when I arrive, I will also be on the local unemployment register albeit not for very long I hope!

I think you are referring to sponsorship. If the company CANNOT get local staff due to particular skills req'd etc....maybe it is only THEN that they are allowed to sponsor someone? Dont know the in's and out's of it, but suffice to say, I am 100% confident of securing a driving job within a few weeks (days even) of arrival!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Jan 13th 2006 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Yeah sorry mate $100 k

Do you not fancy it yourself then Jim? Nice money!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:06 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Do you not fancy it yourself then Jim? Nice money!

I'd love to do it, however, not much of a family life mate. I've settled in Canberra now, I may want to change jobs when my sin is older, but, for now I'm comfortable with what I'm doing now. Who knows though mate we may meet if you get work there, I 'm sure they have lots of tranformers there that need oil regeneration.....

Jim
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough

I noticed from your posts Raymond, that you left Australia 'DONKEYS YEARS' ago! Believe me, the situation now is VERY different! Just ask the people on this forum who are 'doing it' so to speak!

Anyhow, when I arrive, I will also be on the local unemployment register albeit not for very long I hope!

I think you are referring to sponsorship. If the company CANNOT get local staff due to particular skills req'd etc....maybe it is only THEN that they are allowed to sponsor someone? Dont know the in's and out's of it, but suffice to say, I am 100% confident of securing a driving job within a few weeks (days even) of arrival!
well good luck fluffy I hope you get your job, but I thought that you had to have the promise of a job, even though you have a visa,anyway fluffy I cant go there now because I am to old now and my wife is to ill, incidentally fluffy if you are just doing trucking how have you got accepted by the Immigration?

Last edited by Raymond Hogan; Jan 17th 2006 at 8:51 am.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:49 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, (not sure how long for) my MC licence is now tucked in the back of my wallet where I hope it doesn't see the light of day again. Just been offered a job today in vehicle logistics control after a trip to Sydney from Bris for a 2nd interview.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Raymond Hogan
well good luck fluffy I hope you get your job, but I thought that you had to have the promise of a job, even though you have a visa,anyway fluffy I cant go there now because I am to old now and my wife is to ill, incidentally fluffy if you are just doing trucking how have you got accepted by the Immigration?
Nosey aintcha?
It's not what ya know it's who ya know!

No. seriously.......we are going on a 139 visa. My partner has skills in demand, I am being sponsored by my cousing. Between the two of us, we qualify.

As for needing a promise of a job - not at all!! Things have obviously changed a lot since you were last there!

Sorry to hear about your situation, must be a bummer! Have heard Spain is nice at this time of year!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Well, (not sure how long for) my MC licence is now tucked in the back of my wallet where I hope it doesn't see the light of day again. Just been offered a job today in vehicle logistics control after a trip to Sydney from Bris for a 2nd interview.
Good stuff 232!!! Well done!!

Does this mean you are relocating to Sidders then or will you be working out of Brisbane in a satellite office?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:30 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff 232!!! Well done!!

Does this mean you are relocating to Sidders then or will you be working out of Brisbane in a satellite office?
Staying up in Bris mate - for now anyway - I am the satellite office lol. Going to work inside another Company, for the Company I now work for. (Does that make sense? - I think it did)
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:02 pm

Staying up in Bris mate - for now anyway - I am the satellite office lol. Going to work inside another Company, for the Company I now work for. (Does that make sense? - I think it did)
Some kind of sub-contract arrangement going on then?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:14 pm
Banned

Some kind of sub-contract arrangement going on then?
I'm going to work for a Company which is a global provider of 3PL. They have won a new contract looking after the logistics for a car manufacturer. There is a Company already doing the job and I'm going to be working alongside them looking at processes and costs etc. Was a Warehouse and Transport Manager in UK for 3PL provider so getting back into my own field.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:25 pm

I'm going to work for a Company which is a global provider of 3PL. They have won a new contract looking after the logistics for a car manufacturer. There is a Company already doing the job and I'm going to be working alongside them looking at processes and costs etc. Was a Warehouse and Transport Manager in UK for 3PL provider so getting back into my own field.
Excellent stuff! Pleased for you!

Nosey I know, but how does the salary compare on the management side of logistics, as opposed the operational side?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:44 pm
Banned

Excellent stuff! Pleased for you!

Nosey I know, but how does the salary compare on the management side of logistics, as opposed the operational side?
I've taken a drop from my UK salary to get the job I want. Not starting as a Manager here but will be working independantly so quite an autonomous role. On the Ops side, I was paid quite well in the UK compared to the drivers and Operators. Seems similar here although, as we've said before, the Company you work for and field you're in can have quite an effect on (particularly) drivers salaries. I could go for the days/nights away and earn more money, but I'm going to be getting enough for what I need right now, especially as she has a decent job as well and it's only Mon-Fri which is what I want. As it's a Global Company i'm going on with, there seems to be enough opportunities for advancement if I decide to push for it. Might be nice to drop back in the ranks for a while though, find my feet and suss out the Aussie way of working first.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Hi

I have a UK C+E and ADR(Hazmat) licence all paid for by H M Forces (Army) (lucky me). I have found this thread very interesting and useful, and I have a couple of questions for you "truckies"

232Bar, the $1,800 you spent on converting your licences what was included in that? Was it 4 Hours training then a test? Did you do ADR with that?

I am looking to convert my licence to HC and possibly MC but I think I might need more than 4 hours training as most of the driving I did with the Army was in tankers on MASSIVE airfields with nobody else around!!

Has anybody completed an ADR (dangerous goods) course over here in Qld? How much and how long did it take? Any info would be appreciated.

One more thing can somebody PM me with contact details of this "Ian Watson" seems like that is the place to sort this out. Any info on more driving work would be good also.

Cheers

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.