Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Call me an alcoholic, but.....?

Call me an alcoholic, but.....?

Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Call me an alcoholic, but.....?

Saw the thread on kebabs - (in the style of Homer Simpson...Mmmmmm Kebabs) and it got me thinking about the 'pubs' down under.

What is the score with these? Do they have the cosy little local type pub or are they like America...pool halls, and 'bars' etc......

Need to seriously put my mind at ease on this one!!!!

Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Call me an alcoholic, but.....?

You're an alcoholic!

Sorry, someone had to do it...
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:52 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Call me an alcoholic, but.....?

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Saw the thread on kebabs - (in the style of Homer Simpson...Mmmmmm Kebabs) and it got me thinking about the 'pubs' down under.

What is the score with these? Do they have the cosy little local type pub or are they like America...pool halls, and 'bars' etc......

In the style of Homer Simpson...Mmmmmm beer!

Funnily enough I did the 'Mmmmmmm chocolate' one today at work......spooky!

As for pubs, better stay here then!

R.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ

Pubs are generally crap....so is the beer

G
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:56 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

what about the wine??

amanda
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:57 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda76
what about the wine??

amanda

i love most australian wines...............in fact i may now have another..........

amanda
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda76
what about the wine??

amanda
The wine is fine.

Australian pubs are generally not what I would call 'female friendly'. Not outside the main towns anyway.

G
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:22 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
You're an alcoholic!

Sorry, someone had to do it...
Now, you beat me on this one!!!

D D
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:51 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

The UK is really unique with regard to pubs - I've never come across a country with anything approaching them.

Disagree about the beer - OK you can't get Fursty Ferret, Wadworths 6X or Golden Glory (my current favourites) but I quite like VB and I hear Little Creatures brewery is decent. Tasmania has a decent dark brew also but I can't remember the name.