Cake decorating

Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Question Cake decorating

Hi folks,

Sorry for the not so professional question anyway does anyone know where in Sydney I can find cake decorating stuff including things like icing stars etc. ?

Thanks

Cheers,
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice
Default Re: Cake decorating

Hiya

The Essential Ingredient in Crows Nest is quite good. Not sure about pre-made decorations, I tend to make my own. I have a list of websites too, that have a bigger selection, but if you need something quickly, they are pretty good for basics, cutters, colours, fondant etc. But I have also had some luck in Woolies for some cool coloured hundreds and thousands and sparkly things, have a look in their baking section.

The Essential Ingredient is a cool shop for a browse around anyway, nice goodies to eat, a really good cooking book section, and a really good range of tins, trays etc. They also do interesting cupcake liners which is fun.

Last edited by Daydreamer123; Dec 1st 2009 at 10:50 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,

Sorry for the not so professional question anyway does anyone know where in Sydney I can find cake decorating stuff including things like icing stars etc. ?

Thanks

Cheers,
If you want pre-fab cake decorating stuff like stars Coles sells it in the baking aisle. You can also get the tubes of piping gel and some icings, but they taste like crap to me - too sweet.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Yeah, the supermarkets really do have a good selection of ready made stuff.

I really dont like the taste of any of them either. I dont really have a sweet tooth, I love making and decorating, but will leave the eating to everyone else!

So what are you making Barbitana?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, thanks everybody it's our son's first birthday and guess as the first experience for us it's getting a bit outta control! initially we wanted to order a "basic" big (1) to put some stuff on it at home...but not 100% sure if it's the best way...do you know any decent places in Sydney (pref North shore) to order something nice, affordable and ready? (easy for my wife!)

Cheers,

Last edited by Barbitana; Dec 2nd 2009 at 3:42 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I would say go for it. Its really a lot of fun and not too difficult to do something effective. And you will be very pleased to have made one.

I have been decorating the cakes for my nieces and nephews for a few years now. I really love it and have started to try and do it properly. It really is something that is a lot of fun to do. The kids love them too, most recently, I made a chocolate mud cake, like a present with stars bursting out and an icing ribbon tied around,in summer colours - orange and green. They were really pleased with it and ate loads!

What sort of thing are you looking for? The number cakes are always effective, and really easy to make. I have also seen a kite cake, which was lovely, and also really easy, just a normal cake, cut into a diamond, and then iced with four different colours, with tail made of licorice.

I dont really know of anywhere where you can order one from, but there are sure to be places.

Last edited by Daydreamer123; Dec 2nd 2009 at 4:18 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! I thought this thread was gonna be about whether cake decorating is on the CSL for immigration.