Cairns suburbs

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Cairns suburbs

Which suburb would you recommend living in? Been to cairns once, but spent it pretty much in the centre. Were not quite sure where we want to go yet, it'll be either mission Beach or somewhere in the area of cairns.
We have no kids, so schools and parks aren't as important. Yet it does need to be within 20mins or so of CBD, and close to a boat ramp!!

Are there any areas which is a complete no-go area?? due to crime, yobbos on the streets, just unfriendly people??
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns suburbs

Palm cove has a boat ramp, I think Yorkeys knob would have too (marina). Trinity park have houses with their own moorings. Apart from that, not sure - we don't own a boat!

Can you be a bit more specific? Do you need a house or apartment etc? Maybe others will be able to help you out with suburbs then.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Bix will be along in a mo I'm sure, or you could search for posts by him, there is one that covers all the suburbs, in the meantime some "official reading"

http://cairns.qld.gov.au/community/p...b_profiles.htm
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:42 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Palm cove has a boat ramp, I think Yorkeys knob would have too (marina). Trinity park have houses with their own moorings. Apart from that, not sure - we don't own a boat!

Can you be a bit more specific? Do you need a house or apartment etc? Maybe others will be able to help you out with suburbs then.
trinity park also has a boat ramp but i would avoid cairns. the place is going downhill fast. house prices have gone through the roof, grocerys through the roof. the wet season is just around the corner. rain and humidity for 6 months.traffic into town is nightmare due to the continual construction. dont honestly know why i do it.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:49 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by youngy73
dont honestly know why i do it.
Hard life you lead there Youngy

Wait until you get here and check it all out for yourself as you will know when you have found your little slice of heaven.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:00 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snappy
Hard life you lead there Youngy

Wait until you get here and check it all out for yourself as you will know when you have found your little slice of heaven.
its more like a slither these days. heaven was when i was first here 10 years ago. the place is a shadow of its former self and getting worse every time a new house goes up.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:18 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

its more like a slither these days. heaven was when i was first here 10 years ago. the place is a shadow of its former self and getting worse every time a new house goes up.
When I first got here and even now I find the locals slag off what happened to Port Douglas and they dread that happening here in Mission Beach yet for me I like Port Douglas and think it is a great place. I would love to see that happen here. They have started building Woolies here now so this is the start of something the older locals have been against for a long time.

I suppose the difference is that if you have been in a place and seen how much it has grown, along with prices you do get a bit disgruntled with it as what appealed to you in the first place has gone. For someone coming here for the first time they are unaware of that and take the place for what it is now and more often than not love it or hate it depending on their own personal circumstances and what ticks the right boxes for them.

To me I have found my little slice of heaven and I enjoy it
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

There's this one.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468578
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

And this one.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...33#post5150333
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:25 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

trinity park also has a boat ramp but i would avoid cairns. the place is going downhill fast. house prices have gone through the roof, grocerys through the roof. the wet season is just around the corner. rain and humidity for 6 months.traffic into town is nightmare due to the continual construction. dont honestly know why i do it.
Are you trying to put us off Youngy you make it sound awful

Kaye
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:26 am
I need a beer.....

Originally Posted by wardy2

Kaye
It's the ploy to keep you all away so we can enjoy it

Bix I think you have missed out the other 1000 odd threads
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I Bix I think you have missed out the other 1000 odd threads
Already been paid for them
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:32 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by wardy2

Kaye
your only allowed in if you can play footy.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the ploy to keep you all away so we can enjoy it
I thought that he might be it but just for one minute he had me worried
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:36 am
aka DORIS

your only allowed in if you can play footy.
Well definately count us in I have 3 that play football,, one of them is a referee and a coach aswell, only 2 footballers that are coming though.

So should fit in just loooovvvveellly

Kaye

Last edited by wardy2; Aug 23rd 2007 at 11:39 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.