Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns sorted....now Brisbane, GC & SC!!!

Cairns sorted....now Brisbane, GC & SC!!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cairns sorted....now Brisbane, GC & SC!!!

Hi Guys

Some of you really helped me out recently on GBR diving etc....to recap, I am in NSW and have 10 people coming out from the UK. They have decided to fly to Cairns and have that part sorted, they then fly to Brisbane and have 5 days there, we will be meeting them in Brisbane.

So this is the question, with 15 of us: 6 x big kids, 2 x 21 year old girls, guy 19, 1 girl 16, 1 boy 15, 2 x 12 year old boys, 1 boy 8 and 1 girl 6..... how do I possibly put together an itinery to suit and keep everyone happy and busy!!!

Someone on here suggested a night or two on the SC and then a night or two on the gold coast???? I have been looking at the theme parks, I wouldn't mind doing one or two but I am sure there are so many other beautiful places to show them rather than 5 days in various different and not to mention expensive parks.

Bearing in mind the various age ranges, any suggestions, I have been surfing the net for days now, but I would rather hear from those of you living over that way or those who have holidayed there. They will also have spent time in Sydney and Perth, so trying not to repeat the obvious tourist things they will have done there. Coming to me at the end of the holiday is fine, we will just drink the vineyards dry!!

Any suggestions on accommodation and car hire would also help!

Thanks

Nikki
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:17 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns sorted....now Brisbane, GC & SC!!!

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi Guys

Some of you really helped me out recently on GBR diving etc....to recap, I am in NSW and have 10 people coming out from the UK. They have decided to fly to Cairns and have that part sorted, they then fly to Brisbane and have 5 days there, we will be meeting them in Brisbane.

So this is the question, with 15 of us: 6 x big kids, 2 x 21 year old girls, guy 19, 1 girl 16, 1 boy 15, 2 x 12 year old boys, 1 boy 8 and 1 girl 6..... how do I possibly put together an itinery to suit and keep everyone happy and busy!!!

Someone on here suggested a night or two on the SC and then a night or two on the gold coast???? I have been looking at the theme parks, I wouldn't mind doing one or two but I am sure there are so many other beautiful places to show them rather than 5 days in various different and not to mention expensive parks.

Bearing in mind the various age ranges, any suggestions, I have been surfing the net for days now, but I would rather hear from those of you living over that way or those who have holidayed there. They will also have spent time in Sydney and Perth, so trying not to repeat the obvious tourist things they will have done there. Coming to me at the end of the holiday is fine, we will just drink the vineyards dry!!

Any suggestions on accommodation and car hire would also help!

Thanks

Nikki

Sunshine Coast for beaches. Lots of space for some beach cricket, chilling out and running ragged. About an hours drive from Brisbane. Gold Coast for theme parks, but might be a bit pricey. Lots to do though. Southbank for swimming, museums and art galleries. Jump the ferry to New Farm for a big playground for smaller kids. Older ones can hang out! Valley for some nightlife. Southbank nightlife is good with the smaller kids. Try www.ourbrisbane.com to get an idea of whats on.

Cheers

Ginny