Cairns

Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

bowd66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cairns

Hi can anyone tell me how is the job front in Cairns, OH is a nurse bit I don't have a trade, what type of work is around if any?

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cairns

Originally Posted by bowd66
Hi can anyone tell me how is the job front in Cairns, OH is a nurse bit I don't have a trade, what type of work is around if any?

Thanks
Construction work is dire and the jobs advertised in local paper twice a week is getting less and less.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Great place to live and there are probably plenty of nurses jobs going, but apart from that I think unemployent is an issue up here atm.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rocket01
Great place to live and there are probably plenty of nurses jobs going, but apart from that I think unemployent is an issue up here atm.
Wife works in MH at Cairns Base, they've stopped recruiting at the moment for MH nurses I believe but not sure what the score is for General nurses.

It's the low season at the moment for tourists but places will start gearing up for the high season. I heard from someone the other week who is lloking for ANY work that everywhere they asked said they were only hiring people who had PR visas at the moment but maybe that's because of it being low season.

Still seems to be plenty of jobs advertised in the Post.

Andy
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if yesterdays post is anything to go by, there's not a lot about at the mo! However, Saturdays are the best days to look there.

There is a real issue at the moment with partners of nurses really struggling to find work. You really should be under no illusion about this.
That said, you should be able to manage on one salary & by the time your visa goes through & you are ready to come over, things may be better

Look on seek & Byron Employment for an idea of what is available at the moment but there is stiff competition for jobs.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:04 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

Any IT in Cairns? How about PC spupplies and upgrade/repairs outfits?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Too many businesses doing that if you ask me.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Not sure how up to date this is but may be worth a look!
http://www.cityofcairns.com/jobs/jobs-it.html
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rocket01
Too many businesses doing that if you ask me.
That's what they said to Codemasters.