Wikiposts

Cairns ??

Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns ??

Oops !

Irrespective of where you go don't set your heart on a burb until you've seen it in real life and had a good look around.

By all means use the internet info to get a feel of where you might like then confirm it in person when the time comes.

It's very important.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Oops !

Irrespective of where you go don't set your heart on a burb until you've seen it in real life and had a good look around.

By all means use the internet info to get a feel of where you might like then confirm it in person when the time comes.

It's very important.
Don't worry boss I won't

Its more of a what can we afford and where thing. We want the usual 4/5 bed with a pool, good schools, not far from the beach and not too long a commute oh and a bit if character thrown in the mix too. We have 3 young kids to keep amused so facilities for children is very important, as well as the job prospects for my accountant!

Not much eh?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Don't worry boss I won't

Its more of a what can we afford and where thing. We want the usual 4/5 bed with a pool, good schools, not far from the beach and not too long a commute oh and a bit if character thrown in the mix too. We have 3 young kids to keep amused so facilities for children is very important, as well as the job prospects for my accountant!

Not much eh?
For Cairns that sounds like....no worries

If you look at a map from Palm Cove down to Gordonvale then most burbs meet
most of that criteria.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
For Cairns that sounds like....no worries

If you look at a map from Palm Cove down to Gordonvale then most burbs meet
most of that criteria.
Thanks Bix you are a star and should be on commision
Old Jun 1st 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dh read this last night and was very impressed so far with Cairns and we are now adding it to our list of possibilites So thanks Bix and Mrs Bix and WW for all your help!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Good summary.
Plenty of others to consider too.

Where are you living WW ?
I'm renting in Park Ridge.
Spent the children's inheritence over the ridge.

And why shouldnt we?

We are definitely higher than 6m above sea level, just in case.

WW
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Spent the children's inheritence over the ridge.

And why shouldnt we?

We are definitely higher than 6m above sea level, just in case.

WW
You mean you're here too ? Or over the ridge in higher Brinsmead ?
Shite, you could be in the same road or even my neighbour :scared:
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:03 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nniall
Just saw this thought i'd try enlighten you a little, I was there couple of years ago and would believe that things really wouldn't have changed that much. To be honest, when we where there we stayed for a few days and that was enough. People to either use it as a diving point, or use it for the airport or to plan trips like we did up to Kakadu, Darwin via plane and Cape tribulation for a scenic tour (which was OK, but not too exciting).
I was in Cairns when England played France in the rugby world cup. I sat watching the game on a big screen in the grounds of a very nice pub/bar, which looked colonial and I remember thinking it doesnt get better than this.....

I have only been to Cairns on holiday and went up to Cape Trib and stayed in the beachouse there, was awesome getting up nice and early and sitting the beach watching the sun rise, it was one of the highlights of that trip. Cairns has a nice vibe about it, and I can't wait to go back. I think we're gonna head out next year for a couple of weeks and stay at Cape Trib again.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
You mean you're here too ? Or over the ridge in higher Brinsmead ?
Shite, you could be in the same road or even my neighbour :scared:
Nope.
There is no house in my street with eith a chair and a whip out the front or a queue of christians just itching to get inside!

Are you sure you're in Park Ridge and not Mareeba

WW
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Oh yes, and I have a lovely view of the new Woolies store down the Redlynch.
The clientelle has changed a bit since I've been here though.....think half the houses on the street have changed ownership. Coincidence I'm sure
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix

Oh yes, and I have a lovely view of the new Woolies store down the Redlynch.
The clientelle has changed a bit since I've been here though.....think half the houses on the street have changed ownership. Coincidence I'm sure
Changed or just disappeared????

If you were up at Mareeba you would be facing eviction and relocation again. A real family break-down situation.

For those not in the know, a privately run wildlife park at Mareeba (west of Cairns) is to close. The park supposedly has the largest pride of lions in Oz. I'd be very wary of any "free kitten to good home" ads up here.

WW
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone have a link of the schools in Cairns, perhaps a league table or something. I have 3 kids 7 and under so need to find a good local primary and kindergarden. Pretty please xx
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Does anyone have a link of the schools in Cairns, perhaps a league table or something. I have 3 kids 7 and under so need to find a good local primary and kindergarden. Pretty please xx
hi

i have the OP ratings for all Qld schools 2005
pm me your email address and i`ll forward it to you

( PS you will need excel or similar to open it )
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

You knew I would be along didn't you

http://www.studycairns.com.au/
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

She's an imposter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.