caboolture

Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:37 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default caboolture

does anyone have any information on this area.
Anything would be greatful we are a young family of three and still searching for areas to setttle in.

Cheers

Leanne
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: caboolture

Originally posted by leannefr
Anything would be greatful we are a young family of three and still searching for areas to setttle in.

Cheers

Leanne

Sorry, never heard of it. Whereabouts would that be
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:07 pm
ABCDiamond

Caboolture Shire is located 45 kms north of Brisbane by a four-lane highway and experiences a sub-tropical climate

Caboolture

Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:22 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

thanks for your replys .ABC diamond ,we currently have Alexandra Hills on our list that we want to go to live do you think that is a good choice or not?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Leanne, the old adage rings true - you get what you pay for.

You keep looking at the cheapest places to live, you will find you will be living in the less desirable neighbourhoods! Having said that, Alex Hills is probably the best of those you've been looking at.

As for Caboolture, there are some parts that are probably OK, but its not somewhere I would pick :scared: .
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:42 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Leanne

Caboolture is very nice !
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the above post, Caboolture is a nice place. We are going to live in or near Caboolture, having looked at a lot of areas around Brisbane we think its up there with the better places to live.

Phil
Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:25 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Leanne, the old adage rings true - you get what you pay for.

You keep looking at the cheapest places to live, you will find you will be living in the less desirable neighbourhoods! Having said that, Alex Hills is probably the best of those you've been looking at.

As for Caboolture, there are some parts that are probably OK, but its not somewhere I would pick :scared: .

Mrs dagboy
Thank you for your response,but i have to disagree there are plenty of places in Britian that are quite cheap to buy and they are also in nice areas.
we are coming to Australia into the unkown which is why we place questions on this forum,the areas we choose to ask questions about are not because they are the cheapest but they are areas we have heard information about,which is why we ask for more information.
We are coming to Australia for a new start not to break the bank.

I thank you for your valued information which i am sure will help us when we arrive in Brisbane.

Leanne
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:17 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Cheers

Leanne
caboolture shire district covers a large area .. for years it was deemed a bit like Ipswich's reputation( cheap and a rough in some areas), now a lot of people have moved that way for large acreage plots .. for space.. and it it is still close enough to Brisbane for travel.. my friend takes about 40 minutes to the gateway bridge ( work southside)in rush hour .. which personally, I think is too long a time.

The area (s) has grown rapidly in prices over the past few years and still rising ( playing catch up).. I have a mate who lives in Morayfield which also falls under caboolture.. personally I wouldn't live there, but that's just me.. the area he is living in is okayish, he and his 6 kids ( yes you heard right.. 6 kids! .. it's like the bleedin waltons) seems to love it.. he has an acreage which is quiet, runs down to a creek ( where his kids catch little snapping turtles) .. grows his own veggies, keeps chickens etc etc ( paid just 65 thou for the land for it a few years ago before boom believe it or not - think they are now selling for way above the $200 mark now - this is land only).
His neighbours consist of a policeman ( which is funny if you knew this friend of mine!), and an engineer (own firm) on the other side of him... so his neighbours are ok.. in some areas of caboolture you have a high amount of doley bums.

I don't know enough about all the areas in caboolture to really comment on where not to buy.. I also may add Bribie island falls under Caboolture too. Caboolture covers a large area.

Maybe renting before you buy would be a good option. so you can suss out the good and bad areas of caboolture for yourself. There are good and bad areas.. some areas have some wonderful/ beautiful homes ( with a price tag to match too on some of these properties.. believe me there are some beauties there) amongst the trees/bush ( bit like the pine ) , with acres of space away from the hustle and bustle of crammed in suburbs of Brisbane , other areas , like I mentioned have a reputation for being rough and a high element of doley bums etc. You need to look for yourself, or rent first, or maybe ask someone who has lived in caboolture shire for a time, and will know the places to avoid.

caboolture in my opinion if you pick the right spot is still a good buy... a tip, go for space.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 5th 2004 at 3:34 am.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:09 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

cheers mate and thanks for your information i thought your story was funny..........sorry