Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cabin baggage question Royal Brunai

cabin baggage question Royal Brunai

Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default cabin baggage question Royal Brunai

I am getting excited about heading back to Brisbane next week.

Has anyone recent experience of how strict they are with the cabin baggage? It says one bag only plus duty frees.

Can I take a separate computer bag or will i have to put it in my hand luggage? I will have a handbag (large shoulder) but they don't mention those.

Thanks for any comments!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cabin baggage question Royal Brunai

When we flew with them we were allowed 9kg of hand luggage each I think. Husband had a small sports bag with laptop and a range of computer stuff in, I had a handbag and large camera bag and the kids all had backpacks with laptops, DS's, pencils, food etc and a full size pillow each.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kim67
When we flew with them we were allowed 9kg of hand luggage each I think. Husband had a small sports bag with laptop and a range of computer stuff in, I had a handbag and large camera bag and the kids all had backpacks with laptops, DS's, pencils, food etc and a full size pillow each.
I like the idea of taking a pillow! It is 7 kilo limit now for economy flights. I will pack today and see if I can fit the laptop in my cabin bag. The trouble is there is always so much I don't want going in the hold. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quercus
I like the idea of taking a pillow! It is 7 kilo limit now for economy flights. I will pack today and see if I can fit the laptop in my cabin bag. The trouble is there is always so much I don't want going in the hold. Thanks for sharing your experience.
You need to check out if there are any specific policies at the airports as well.

I flew out of Auckland last month and at the entrance to departures they were weighing each passenger's hand baggage...the limit was 7kg, I don't know what would have happened if it was overweight. Whatever the policy was its independant of the airline.