Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bye everyone, i'm off!

Bye everyone, i'm off!

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Bye everyone, i'm off!

Well this is the last day I will have proper internet access so I will say goodbye for now. We leave in 3 days.

I must say I have felt fine up to now, but yesterday what with the plane at Washington DC ( we are flying there!), terrorist threats and watching that Down Under programme last night I am now a nervous wreck:scared: I hope my Son doesn't want to leave us like he did

Anyway you lot always keep me going. Thanks for the well wishes in advance and I will post an update ASAP.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do people lose the plot and all sense of perspective over stupid terrorist alerts, spiders and sharks. As Aussies would say

Bloody Idiots
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Tina...i wish you eery happiniess in your new life... hurry up and get here the waters warm!!

I knoow how you feel about the terrorist threats etc. I had to fly ot NZ 6 weeks after 9/11. I was worried sick, but i got here all in one piece and i am sure you'll do the same.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
Why do people lose the plot and all sense of perspective over stupid terrorist alerts, spiders and sharks. As Aussies would say

Bloody Idiots

Shut up grumpy..get back in your pram!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck!
It will all go fine.
The kids will settle.
You'll get a good job.
Buy a big house.
and come back on here and tell us all how easy it is!
Keep yer positive hat on, and when that slips off have a beer!
My personal mantra at times of stress is simply "Oh F**K IT!".
You can use it if you like!

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it Tina (and family!) - you'll be fine! just ignore the panicking Americans - its just normal pre-migration jitters that you are suffering from. I'm sure even your own version of "Kevin the Teenager" will be fine.
Looking forward to hearing all about the America trip; what drink shall I get on ice for you....?

Good luck, bon voyage and see you in 3 weeks!
Love
Pollyana and the Bloke!

P S Keep your eyes open for any lost boxes labelled "Brisbane", or any unclaimed furry pink chairs........ Theres some strange things out there.....

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:07 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:53 am

Originally posted by podgypossum
What chance do you think tinaj has of being killed by terrorists or sharks?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Who said anything about sharks?!!!

I am mainly worrying about the planes being delayed because of all of these threats. We are taking a few interconnecting flights so it will be awkward if we miss a flight due to delays. I know the risks of terrorism are slim, but it happens to someone and the threats over the US are real enough at the moment. Like any mother I just don't want to lead my kids into that situation.

But as you say Bondi it is very unlikely, so thanks for bringing me back to reality.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:01 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
LOL Podgy!

Tina, hurry up & get here, lots of discussions to have about which drinks to take on the boat & what to do with that million dollars .
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing Tina as I do, I think she's actually too level-headed to be really worried about either terrorists, sharks, or even terrorists dressed as sharks......

And I think i've got more chance of getting my entire shipment of belongings delivered in one piece, than she has of being attacked by any of the above!
Shippers are the people to be scared of, not terrorists!!

Pollyana

Never trust a man who says he'll look after your boxes!:scared:
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:04 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck TinaJ!!! I wouldn't worry about the threats, although I can see your point about the possibility of delays. Mind you, I came through Gatwick on 30th Dec and the place was quite literally deserted. Which makes a nice change!

I think the reason these teenagers keep coming on home on A New Life Downunder is that the producers keep waving plane tickets at them to help them do so. Those in the *real* world would probably just have to tough it out.

Anyway, best of luck and keep in touch
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:07 am

Originally posted by tinaj
Who said anything about sharks?!!!

I am mainly worrying about the planes being delayed because of all of these threats. We are taking a few interconnecting flights so it will be awkward if we miss a flight due to delays. I know the risks of terrorism are slim, but it happens to someone and the threats over the US are real enough at the moment. Like any mother I just don't want to lead my kids into that situation.

But as you say Bondi it is very unlikely, so thanks for bringing me back to reality.
PP was on about sharks being a reason not to enter the water on another thread. IMHO the US threats are politically driven for the looming election. The delays are a possible frustration but since 911 over 20,000 people have died of road accidents in the US. No one has died of terrorism since 911. Another suspicion of mine is the US are protecting US airlines by hampering foreign airlines with silly delays.

Emigration is stressful enough without unnecesary scare stories. I am sure you will be fine TinaJ.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Tinaj, Good luck, have a wonderful life and keep us posted on how it all goes.
Its been great having your support over the past few months and we will miss you, so try not to make it too long before you get back on line.

Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi Tina and family
Hope everything goes ok for you, enjoy your new life down under.

Yve
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:43 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bye everyone, i'm off!

Originally posted by tinaj
Well this is the last day I will have proper internet access so I will say goodbye for now. We leave in 3 days.

I must say I have felt fine up to now, but yesterday what with the plane at Washington DC ( we are flying there!), terrorist threats and watching that Down Under programme last night I am now a nervous wreck:scared: I hope my Son doesn't want to leave us like he did

Anyway you lot always keep me going. Thanks for the well wishes in advance and I will post an update ASAP.

Tina
All the best for the future. Will wait for your return on line in oz. Have a good journey.
Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.