Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying your way in???

Buying your way in???

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying your way in???

Just been having a conversation with my cousin about us emigrating to Aus.
He said that we can just buy our way in, if we stump up $100,000. I've never heard of this before. Is he right or has he got his information wrong?
I'm certain this can't be right as why the heck are we all waiting like daft kippers for our visa's.

Cheers
Tazzy
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

wrong,,

The $100,000 only gives you 5 more extra points.

Do a search on points system, or look at the DIMIA website for more info.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:54 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Buying your way in???

Originally posted by Tazzy
He said that we can just buy our way in, if we stump up $100,000. I've never heard of this before. Is he right or has he got his information wrong?
I'm certain this can't be right as why the heck are we all waiting like daft kippers for our visa's.

Cheers
Tazzy
Hahahahahahahhahahahah......nuf said.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:57 pm
WBB

if only it were that easy !!!

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:27 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's more like $750k:scared: and not sure if it's PR
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:31 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by welshboybilly
if only it were that easy !!!

So that funny little thing on the end of your posts' has been removed then Taff?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Ian UK is an unknown quantity at this point

I am coming to Tasmania with my Fiance who's a Aussie permanant Resident...has anyone there done this?I would like to work in Tassie part of the year Dry stonewalling..I have my own business here in UK and hope to come to Tasmania sometime in the new year..Cheers Ian...
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ian UK
I am coming to Tasmania with my Fiance who's a Aussie permanant Resident...has anyone there done this?I would like to work in Tassie part of the year Dry stonewalling..I have my own business here in UK and hope to come to Tasmania sometime in the new year..Cheers Ian...

Bump to the top. Can anyone help Ian???

Thanks everyone else for comments. I'll go and tell my idiot cousin that he lives in cookoo land.

Tazzy
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:05 pm
I'm lovin' it

Bump to the top. Can anyone help Ian???

Thanks everyone else for comments. I'll go and tell my idiot cousin that he lives in cookoo land.

Tazzy
Give him a thick ear whilst you are there Taz.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Ian UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i'm Ians Fiance..I came to the UK for a 4 week holiday and met Ian and i have been here now for 15 months..we are both coming back to Australia around April...and looking to settle in Tasmania...I am English too but have lived in Sth Aust for 35 yrs..we are now in the throws..of selling our house here in UK , if there's anyone out there that would like to email us..let us know..Cheers Val n Ian...
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:28 pm
WBB

Originally posted by chippy
So that funny little thing on the end of your posts' has been removed then Taff?
yeah, i took it down before i got sent a virus, have you not read the thread?

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:41 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by welshboybilly
yeah, i took it down before i got sent a virus, have you not read the thread?
Yeah, but I doubt that guy was capable of carrying out his threat.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:49 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by Ian UK
Hi i'm Ians Fiance..I came to the UK for a 4 week holiday and met Ian and i have been here now for 15 months..we are both coming back to Australia around April...and looking to settle in Tasmania...I am English too but have lived in Sth Aust for 35 yrs..we are now in the throws..of selling our house here in UK , if there's anyone out there that would like to email us..let us know..Cheers Val n Ian...
Welcome to the forum Ian & Val.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 4:42 pm
WBB

Originally posted by chippy
Yeah, but I doubt that guy was capable of carrying out his threat.

but you never know !

there are some weirdo's about.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:17 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buying your way in???

Cheers
Tazzy
As a matter of interest, there must be an amount of money that lets you buy your way in. For example Barry Sheen (motorbike guy) managed to move to Aus even with bad health, so money talks in that case. I wonder if someone who had been refused would be allowed in if they won the lotto?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.