buying a laptop

Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default buying a laptop

hi al, i was thinking of getting a laptop for daughter as xmas present. as they are £299 in tesco. it will do what she needs it for as a starter.

my question is, can you get them as cheap in wa or shall i buy now here in uk and put away til crimbo.

many thanks tony
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:33 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: buying a laptop

Originally Posted by tony s
hi al, i was thinking of getting a laptop for daughter as xmas present. as they are £299 in tesco. it will do what she needs it for as a starter.

my question is, can you get them as cheap in wa or shall i buy now here in uk and put away til crimbo.

many thanks tony
if you r buying a cheepie probs would be better getting it in Oz...as your guarantee may not be valid here.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
if you r buying a cheepie probs would be better getting it in Oz...as your guarantee may not be valid here.
if you send me the link to the one in Tescos I can price one here for ya give you an idea.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

yeah, i think your right about warrenty etc. as my lads is being picked up tomorrow [3 month old] £600 laptop. they will have it for 2 weeks and we fly in 3. hope they are up to speed. so i think i will wait.

cheers tony
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

Also if you buy here, the laptop will have an Ozzie keyboard not the UK one.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by BullcreekBob
I have my laptop from the UK and I love usin it becos its got the keyboard I am used to lol
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:49 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BullcreekBob
No big shakes. As far as I can tell the only slightly annoying factor was having a "@" where I would normally find a '"' and vice versa.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
No big shakes. As far as I can tell the only slightly annoying factor was having a "@" where I would normally find a '"' and vice versa.
is that the only difference
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tony s
is that the only difference
No 'Pound' sign on the Aussie keyboard.
Tracie
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:45 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
No 'Pound' sign on the Aussie keyboard.
Tracie
That too....