Reload this Page >

BUYING A HOUSE IN PERTH

BUYING A HOUSE IN PERTH

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

soon to be a sheila will become famous soon enough
Default BUYING A HOUSE IN PERTH

Hi all

Moving to perth in October of this year on a 457. If i buy a property with firb approval worth 500,000 dollars putting down a deposit of 380,000 dollars what would the stamp duty be for this transaction.
Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BUYING A HOUSE IN PERTH

Originally Posted by soon to be a sheila
Hi all

Moving to perth in October of this year on a 457. If i buy a property with firb approval worth 500,000 dollars putting down a deposit of 380,000 dollars what would the stamp duty be for this transaction.
Thanks
None as you only pay stamp duty on properties over $500,000.

Nic
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:46 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soon to be a sheila
Hi all

Thanks
Stamp duty is excempt in properties $500.000 or less for first time buyers
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Stamp duty is excempt in properties $500.000 or less for first time buyers
Hi,

The OP would need to check the First Time Home Buyer tax relief conditions carefully here: http://tinyurl.com/2kguld as they seem to suggest the applicant has to qualify for first time buyers grant to apply for the concessional rate of tax . If I recall, 457 visa holders do not qualify for this grant.

Cheers

Mark
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:56 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

thats correct, no stamp duty concessions for 457 holders nor the first home owners grant. We paid $23,500 on a $550k property.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
thats correct, no stamp duty concessions for 457 holders nor the first home owners grant. We paid $23,500 on a $550k property.
Assuming there are no concessions applicable...... stamp duty on $500,000 is $20,700 plus purchaser conveyancing fee of $1,729; and a registration fee of $175

Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Assuming there are no concessions applicable...... stamp duty on $500,000 is $20,700 plus purchaser conveyancing fee of $1,729; and a registration fee of $175

Hey Bobcat

I agree with the $20,700 stamp duty, but the software I have says $170 Land transfer regn fee and Settlement list price of $1,619, although discounts of 25%-30$ are readily available if you ask nicely

I've just had a quick look on the Settlement Agents Supervisory Board web site and the Office of State revenue web site to try to find out what the fees actually are, but I couldn't find anything.

So, I guess at least one of us is wrong and possibly both - but we are close. I'll try to find out more when the public servants are at work.

Bob in Bull Creek
Old Aug 4th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BullcreekBob
Hey Bobcat

I agree with the $20,700 stamp duty, but the software I have says $170 Land transfer regn fee and Settlement list price of $1,619, although discounts of 25%-30$ are readily available if you ask nicely

I've just had a quick look on the Settlement Agents Supervisory Board web site and the Office of State revenue web site to try to find out what the fees actually are, but I couldn't find anything.

So, I guess at least one of us is wrong and possibly both - but we are close. I'll try to find out more when the public servants are at work.

Bob in Bull Creek
G'uday Bob

I stand corrected........ $1,619 is the correct fee for a purchaser give or take what discount is up for grabs? (If I list & sell I'm happy to pick up the tab for the vendor's contribution to conveyancing costs............ as you say a 30% discount is readily available for the purchasers if they ask nicely)

$1,729 is the purchaser's fee re Strata.

We are 5 bucks adrift with the registration fee......... my current tables say $175 from a sale price of $405,000 through to $505,000 where it becomes $195?

Magic weather eh!

cheers
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

So ill have to beg for a 30% discount then on the puchasers fee being a true scotswoman and all that (tight as the old saying goes) thanks everyone.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:17 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbike
Hi,

The OP would need to check the First Time Home Buyer tax relief conditions carefully here: http://tinyurl.com/2kguld as they seem to suggest the applicant has to qualify for first time buyers grant to apply for the concessional rate of tax . If I recall, 457 visa holders do not qualify for this grant.

Cheers

Mark
I didn't realise that......cheers
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Issie
I didn't realise that......cheers
Settlements agents fees vary from one agent to another.
We have used quite a few since we have been in Perth and have to say that kingsley Settlements were not only the best in price, but offered the better service.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We have used quite a few since we have been in Perth and have to say that kingsley Settlements were not only the best in price, but offered the better service.
Thanks Sandra ...will bear that in mind.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi sj oldfield

Do kingsley settlement carry out the services equal to what a lawyer would provide legal wise in Scotland
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Was that Jo from Delta at Kingsley?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I used Focus Settlements in Joondalup and have no hesitation in recommending either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.