Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a home and areas to avoid.

Buying a home and areas to avoid.

Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Mrsyorkie1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a home and areas to avoid.

Hello to you all.
I have friends in Perth (well, just north) and as this is the area we are drawn to, jobs permitting, does anyone know areas to avoid?
When I was moving to be with hubby, I knew nothing about North UK until hubs told me the area I was looking at (because the house looked lovely on the estate agents site) should be avoided at all costs. Drug dealing, prostitution, not a pretty area for a young woman with a family so to speak.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's not central Perth but more the suburbs, less busy type of place.
Thank you muchly.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:11 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying a home and areas to avoid.

You have hit another firework here........

Any suburb is good around Perth but depends on your budget, if its over 400k then its reasonable anything less you have to ask yourself why?

Originally Posted by Mrsyorkie1969
Hello to you all.
I have friends in Perth (well, just north) and as this is the area we are drawn to, jobs permitting, does anyone know areas to avoid?
When I was moving to be with hubby, I knew nothing about North UK until hubs told me the area I was looking at (because the house looked lovely on the estate agents site) should be avoided at all costs. Drug dealing, prostitution, not a pretty area for a young woman with a family so to speak.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's not central Perth but more the suburbs, less busy type of place.
Thank you muchly.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:25 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
You have hit another firework here........

Any suburb is good around Perth but depends on your budget, if its over 400k then its reasonable anything less you have to ask yourself why?
Changed your views on Joondalup I see
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I think the most important thing isn't the suburb per-se but the street you are in and the neighbours you have.

For example, I'm lucky to live in Iluka, a nice suburb and have great neighbours but if I lived in the street behind my house I would have absolute areseholes for neighbours (parties all weekend, every weekend).

Conversely you could have amazing neighbours in a suburb considered "rough".

That's why you need to do your homework and maybe rent in an area for a while until you get a good feel for it.

Schools also will be a consideration.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:08 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

ahahah, ofcourse just badger baiting....

That Old bailey needs to be shutdown tho, skank paradise....

Originally Posted by perksy
Changed your views on Joondalup I see
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Mrsyorkie1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys. We hope to have around 400k to spend as we have a good equity in our home here in UK.
A friend lives in Madeley which she loves. It does all depend on neighbours yes. We live in a street with 5 houses and have had the neighbours from hell move in next door. They moved to the street because it was quiet. It isn't now!!!!