Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying furniture online?

Buying furniture online?

Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Buying furniture online?

Does anyone have any links to somewhere I can get prices of furniture in Oz?

I'm just goin thru the 'what to take' and 'what to leave' and want to see what stuff will cost to replace in Oz.

I've always been under the impression that if what your considering is of decent condition and quality, then take it! ... but seeing what the shippers will charge to ship individual items, some of them I can't help but think I'll leave em!

I dunno, £217 to ship a double bed. Will it cost THAT much more to buy out there?

Ok, there's beds and there's beds! ... (really?! ...lol) ... but you know what I'm sayin.

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:44 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying furniture online?

Originally Posted by Paul2004

I'm just goin thru the 'what to take' and 'what to leave' and want to see what stuff will cost to replace in Oz.

I've always been under the impression that if what your considering is of decent condition and quality, then take it! ... but seeing what the shippers will charge to ship individual items, some of them I can't help but think I'll leave em!

I dunno, £217 to ship a double bed. Will it cost THAT much more to buy out there?

Ok, there's beds and there's beds! ... (really?! ...lol) ... but you know what I'm sayin.

Cheers

Some links to ponder over. If you find ABC's website there's a few links.

http://www.binglee.com.au/default.htm
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stitch
Some links to ponder over. If you find ABC's website there's a few links.

http://www.binglee.com.au/default.htm
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks ...
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:48 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ...

No probs. Check out the Useful Links.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=Retail+Links

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

No probs. Check out the Useful Links.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=Retail+Links

Cheers

Ginny
Yet ANOTHER part of BE that I really should've seen by now ... ... lol

That's a list eh!

Nice one thanks.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:53 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Yet ANOTHER part of BE that I really should've seen by now ... ... lol

That's a list eh!

Nice one thanks.

That should lul away the hours until our new year.

Have a good one.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

That should lul away the hours until our new year.

Have a good one.

Cheers

Ginny
I reckon it will ...lol

Yeah Happy New Year to you! ...
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Cheers

Hi

I went onto the Australian yahoo page and pressed shop.
Alot of good prices as we are not taking our washing machine or fridge freezer.
Hope that helps.

Happy New Year
Beth
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

I went onto the Australian yahoo page and pressed shop.
Alot of good prices as we are not taking our washing machine or fridge freezer.
Hope that helps.

Happy New Year
Beth

Cheers

Yup, gonna be a long night ...lol