Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a car in WA

Buying a car in WA

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Buying a car in WA

We've seen a couple of cars we like. We can pay cash but both cars need new tyres. What sort of discount/tyre replacement can we negotiate? Don't want to make an idiot of myself. All my cars previously have been new buys or company cars so a bit out of my depth.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buying a car in WA

Is that you arrived then?!!
We are leaving fife around early September.. For qld though!!
HKA
x
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

How much are you spending, how much are the tyres likely to cost?
Need a bit more detail if poss.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

about $17,000. No idea on tyres though but will find out.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Is that you arrived then?!!
We are leaving fife around early September.. For qld though!!
HKA
x
Hi!

Yes, arrived Friday!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:12 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
We've seen a couple of cars we like. We can pay cash but both cars need new tyres. What sort of discount/tyre replacement can we negotiate? Don't want to make an idiot of myself. All my cars previously have been new buys or company cars so a bit out of my depth.
All depends on type of car but say $100 a tyre... I would be going a couple of thousand under any asking price.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:00 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

RAC can organise a vehicle inspection for around $163 (member price)..Always good for peace of mind!

13 17 03 or 9207 2622

Cheers
Neil.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you! We've decided to look some more. John Huges tomorrow. It is so boring though!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

busta1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh my god ,,,,,you tell them to put new tyres on or walk away,,,dont be soft,,theres lots of cars for sale,,,you are in charge,,,make them sqirm i love to haggle,remember they want your money,and its your job to try and keep it all the best[[get tough]]
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Crickey what an old thread!

We got a car in the end. Don't particularly like it (went from a 5 series BMW in the UK to a Ford Focus!) but it will do for now.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busta1234
oh my god ,,,,,you tell them to put new tyres on or walk away,,,dont be soft,,theres lots of cars for sale,,,you are in charge,,,make them sqirm i love to haggle,remember they want your money,and its your job to try and keep it all the best[[get tough]]
I've just ordered a new car. I went to 3 dealers and played them off against each other. I got the lowest price and then asked the others to beat it, which one did, so I signed for it with him. I got just under 10% off - which I think is pretty good considering it's a brand new model and they cannot sell enough of them. I'm going to have to wait at least 4 months for it though.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've just ordered a new car. I went to 3 dealers and played them off against each other. I got the lowest price and then asked the others to beat it, which one did, so I signed for it with him. I got just under 10% off - which I think is pretty good considering it's a brand new model and they cannot sell enough of them. I'm going to have to wait at least 4 months for it though.
What did you get?????? Nosey cow me, PM if you want.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:15 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
What did you get?????? Nosey cow me, PM if you want.

That's cool NB. It's the new VW Jetta 125TDI DSG diesel. It's just been released - and is hard to get hold of. I ordered it now to get the 50% tax rebate - that's what I've told my wife anyway!

Happy New Year anyway. We are off to Denmark for a week's camping tomorrow.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's cool NB. It's the new VW Jetta 125TDI DSG diesel. It's just been released - and is hard to get hold of. I ordered it now to get the 50% tax rebate - that's what I've told my wife anyway!

Happy New Year anyway. We are off to Denmark for a week's camping tomorrow.
Nice! Enjoy your holiday, Mr NB worked all through Xmas to save holidays for our month in YUK in June! We bought a new D4D Prado a little while ago and are so pleased with it.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

nailbite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Nice! Enjoy your holiday, Mr NB worked all through Xmas to save holidays for our month in YUK in June! We bought a new D4D Prado a little while ago and are so pleased with it.
We are trying to buy a new Subaru in Brisbane but nobody will give us a discounted price - list price is always quoted. Have only recently arrived - what would be the average discount you should expect buying new and having nothing to sell?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.