buying a car

Old Sep 9th 2004, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

didds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying a car

I need to buy a car when I come to Melbourne in Jan 2005, I have looked in the autotrader.com.au plenty of choice! but I would like to know what RWC and rego mean, I would also like to know how much insurance is for say a car of $5000, on TPf&t with full no claims in the UK.
I would be living around the Mill Park area.
Any replies would be welcome
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: buying a car

Originally Posted by didds
I need to buy a car when I come to Melbourne in Jan 2005, I have looked in the autotrader.com.au plenty of choice! but I would like to know what RWC and rego mean, I would also like to know how much insurance is for say a car of $5000, on TPf&t with full no claims in the UK.
I would be living around the Mill Park area.
Any replies would be welcome
Hi

I was in Qld a few years ago and not 100% sure but I think the Rego is a annual fee you have to get for your car, It is kinda like car tax we pay here, the RWC is a 'Road Worthy Certificate' like a MOT and you need this to sale you car and I believe to get rego in Qld. I'm sure someone will say if this is incorrect. Also depending on which state you live in the rules change, as I believe you dont need a RWC in WA!!!!

As far as insurance is concerned if my memory serves me right I think it is slightly cheeper there than the UK, couldn't give you any figures though.

As I said someone will give you the correct answers I'm sure, I could be totally wrong as my memory isn't that great.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:42 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: buying a car

Yeah your spot on with Rego & Road worthy. If the car registration ( like your car tax ) has run out & not been renewed then you need to get a road worthy before you can renew the rego. If the Rego has not run out then no road worthy is needed. As for Insurance, I pay $570 a year & thats for a 2 year old Rav 4 valued at $20,000.
Try putting your details in http://www.aami.com.au/ and see what quote it gives you.