Reload this Page >

buyers and bonds!

Wikiposts

buyers and bonds!

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 10:25 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default buyers and bonds!

When we agreed the sale of our place the buyers said that they would be happy to complete at the end of october, that way we could lock up, drop the keys to the agents, get a lift to Heathrow and go!
Like with all house sales things are just not going to be that easy, the agent phones this morning and tell us their mortgage is agreed, they now want to complete in early september, or we risk losing the sale. As we have 4 children this is going to be a major problem for us, although our hands are tied.

Also having fullfilled all the criteria we are still waiting for Visa's. We had until 5th August to to post A$Bond, the last stage, it was all sorted on 18th July and we havn't heard yet. We e-mailed Adelaide who say that they can't give progress reports. Anyone recently been in this position can tell us how soon after the Bond that they received the Visa? or has it got to tie up with the date of 5th August that we were given, before they assess our application? Any helpfull advice please.

Slater
Old Aug 4th 2003, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: buyers and bonds!

Our bond was paid immediately upon request and paperwork arrived by courier 14th July.
We have been stressing over this so much that at the weekend we decided to email our case officer. Luckily she is still working there. we got the following reply:

"All received, visa will be finalised within the next 4 weeks and you will be advised.""

champers has been in the fridge for 3 weeks now... we cannot think of anything else at the mo as house sold, job packed in and ready to go!!!

we are all in the same boat ...

mich

Old Aug 4th 2003, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

we lodged our bond on the 18th june, still no news, have tried contacting our case officer to ask if he has received the paperwork or if we need to re send it but have had no responce from that either! i've come across lots of people in the same boat but most lodged their bond after we did.

Lynn
Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:29 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Originally posted by lynnj
we lodged our bond on the 18th june, still no news, have tried contacting our case officer to ask if he has received the paperwork or if we need to re send it but have had no responce from that either! i've come across lots of people in the same boat but most lodged their bond after we did.

Lynn
Bugger, we thought that it would be quicker than that, we're in a real dilemma now. When we received the Bond certificate the accompanying paperwork states that Adelaide will be notified in due course, what does that mean, a day, a week, a month, bloody hell don't they realise we've made one of of life's biggest decisions, and what trauma we're going through!
Still could be worse, I might have been born the Queen, ficking annus horribulus.

Slater
Old Aug 4th 2003, 10:06 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Slater
When we agreed the sale of our place the buyers said that they would be happy to complete at the end of october, that way we could lock up, drop the keys to the agents, get a lift to Heathrow and go!
Like with all house sales things are just not going to be that easy, the agent phones this morning and tell us their mortgage is agreed, they now want to complete in early september, or we risk losing the sale. As we have 4 children this is going to be a major problem for us, although our hands are tied.

Also having fullfilled all the criteria we are still waiting for Visa's. We had until 5th August to to post A$Bond, the last stage, it was all sorted on 18th July and we havn't heard yet. We e-mailed Adelaide who say that they can't give progress reports. Anyone recently been in this position can tell us how soon after the Bond that they received the Visa? or has it got to tie up with the date of 5th August that we were given, before they assess our application? Any helpfull advice please.

Slater
Bloody hell, dejavu or what. I've just been sitting here agonising over the exact same thing! We have until 6th August till our 49 days is up, but I sorted it out sodding weeks ago, and have'nt heard a dickie-bird about it. Bloody b*stards. I'm worried that my 1134 may not have been forwarded because I never sent a certified copy to DIMMA.

I e-mailed the so-called case officer a couple of weeks ago, never got anything back though. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGG.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Bugger, we thought that it would be quicker than that, we're in a real dilemma now. When we received the Bond certificate the accompanying paperwork states that Adelaide will be notified in due course, what does that mean, a day, a week, a month, bloody hell don't they realise we've made one of of life's biggest decisions, and what trauma we're going through!
Still could be worse, I might have been born the Queen, ficking annus horribulus.

Slater
Hi Slater,

from lodging the bond to getting the visas for us was about two weeks - we think reason it was so quick was because it was coming up to their year end (June) and Adelaide have to hit their targets. We were originally quoted upto 6 weeks by the agent. The good news, however, is that request for the bond is almost a guarentee of a visa.

Doub
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

we sent in ur bond got confirmation from them and they also confirmed that the forms had been returned to immigration. I waited a couple of weeks stillno news, phone immigration who said they had to wait for the form after lettingthem know that we got confirmation and it had been sent to them a few weeks earlier. They put me on hold and lo and behold suddenly found it not opened on someones desk. got the visas two days later. i know they tell you not to but keep hassling them, we did and i am sure they gave us our visas just to stop me phoning them.

good luck
lynn
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:23 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Originally posted by doub
Hi Slater,

from lodging the bond to getting the visas for us was about two weeks - we think reason it was so quick was because it was coming up to their year end (June) and Adelaide have to hit their targets. We were originally quoted upto 6 weeks by the agent. The good news, however, is that request for the bond is almost a guarentee of a visa.

Doub
We've noticed that things have slowed down since June, it really was happening too quick up til then. Now though we just want to get it all sorted, we have a million things to do. Sell furniture, cars and everything we own basically, we want to start fresh so we won't be taking much with us. You say that request for the bond is almost a guarantee of the bond, well it's the (almost) which isn't quite definite enough for me. Thanks everyone for replies.Still panicking :scared:

Slater
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Calm down boys..............WE GOT IT............lodged bond with the WA treasury 18th june, got our bond certificate 26th june, we didnt send anything to adelaide it was all done automatically, this is the bit that stressed me out as i didnt know for sure if it had been done, but well it obviously was! i got an email from aspc this morning saying all paperwork received grant letter attatched!! Your time will come, hopefully soon!

Lynn
Old Aug 4th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Slater
The waiting for the visa to come through is awful- but try and stay positive- at least you have sold your house! Once it comes through you will be able to leave as soon as you like.

You have done the right thing putting your house up for sale first. It is terrible when you have the visa and you can't leave because you haven't sold your house.

They seem to have slowed down with the processing at the moment, but I am sure you won't have too long to wait.

Congrats on your house sale. At least your buyers are keen. Rather that than ones that drop out!

Old Aug 5th 2003, 1:53 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by chippy
Bloody hell, dejavu or what. I've just been sitting here agonising over the exact same thing! We have until 6th August till our 49 days is up, but I sorted it out sodding weeks ago, and have'nt heard a dickie-bird about it. Bloody b*stards. I'm worried that my 1134 may not have been forwarded because I never sent a certified copy to DIMMA.

I e-mailed the so-called case officer a couple of weeks ago, never got anything back though. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGG.
Ooops. Strike some of the nasty things I said about those nice immigration chappies. I've just got the letter this morning....I'm in!
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Aug 5th 2003, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Strewth chippy, i recon they must all have been on holiday untill last friday or something, congratulations, bet you're chuffed to bits. It does make you feel a bit funny though doesnt it!

Get the beers out its celebration time

Lynn

Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:03 am
I'm lovin' it

Strewth chippy, i recon they must all have been on holiday untill last friday or something, congratulations, bet you're chuffed to bits. It does make you feel a bit funny though doesnt it!

Get the beers out its celebration time

Lynn

Just running to the fridge now. Came home from work specially.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats the spirit, he who thinks australian acts like one!!!!! Have one for me while you're at it!

Lynn
Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:12 am
I'm lovin' it

Thats the spirit, he who thinks australian acts like one!!!!! Have one for me while you're at it!

Lynn
Cheers I'm downing mine (and yours) as I write.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.