Buy car in oz

Old Nov 8th 2002, 11:22 am
Just Joined

samuel_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Buy car in oz

Hello,

Is there anyone who have the experience from buying a car in Australia?
What are the cost and where is the best place to buy a car?

I have read about those "carmarkets" for backpackers who want to seel or buy a car. Does anyone know anything about those?

And finally, I know this is difficult to answer but what is the average price of a car that is small and used a lot. Can you buy one for about 2000 - 3000 a$?

Thanks in advance for all serious thoughts about this!!
Old Nov 8th 2002, 11:54 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

If you go to the car auctions.. you can pick up a banger for a thousand, even less.
You'll have no prob's buying a car for 2 to 3 grand... of course it depends what you are after.
But even a grand will buy you something.

cheers
Old Nov 8th 2002, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

ANGLOBRUCE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buy car in oz

Samuel,

I have just returned TO uk from Oz unexpetedly, if you are after a car, I have one in storage in Melbouren if this of any use.
Although it is not small. Its 1988 Ford Fairmount Ghia, Full electrics cruise control 3.9 litre.

We had difficulty in purchasing a small car that wasn't going to cost us $100's of repairs

Drop me a line if you are interested.

Originally posted by samuel_s
Hello,

Is there anyone who have the experience from buying a car in Australia?
What are the cost and where is the best place to buy a car?

I have read about those "carmarkets" for backpackers who want to seel or buy a car. Does anyone know anything about those?

And finally, I know this is difficult to answer but what is the average price of a car that is small and used a lot. Can you buy one for about 2000 - 3000 a$?

Thanks in advance for all serious thoughts about this!!