busy day...

Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:19 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default busy day...

well, fingers crossed but it looks like we've managed to get a house to rent, a car each and a job for Will today!
We'll find out if we've been accepted for the house by tomorrow, cars should be ready by Monday and Will should hear about the job tomorrow, the only downside is that they want him to start on Monday and we'd hoped to have a little more time off together but we're not complaining too loudly!
Fingers crossed please.....
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

well done! I think some of pollster's good luck has rubbed off.

At least getting a job so soon means you'll have the money to enjoy it when you do eventually get the time off, without having to worry that you shouldnt spend too much in case you dont find a job for a few months.

glad it's working out well

nell
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when a plan comes together
well done, fingers crossed for the job
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:53 am
Account Closed

...we've just worked out that the jobs about 90 minutes away from the house , thats the trouble with being so new we've no idea where we are!!!
We'll see how it goes, he's got another couple of interviews next week so hopefully something will be closer. Still a good day rose tinted specs firmly in place with no intention of slipping just yet
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:56 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
...we've just worked out that the jobs about 90 minutes away from the house , thats the trouble with being so new we've no idea where we are!!!
Holy nelly Michaela, where is it?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Hello Mrs D,
The house we hope we're renting is at Wellington Point the job is somewhere on the northside beginning with N (Naranga???), we'd not heard of it but the car salesman has told Will thats how far away it is!?! We'll do a reccy tonight I think
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:16 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: busy day...

well, fingers crossed but it looks like we've managed to get a house to rent, a car each and a job for Will today!
We'll find out if we've been accepted for the house by tomorrow, cars should be ready by Monday and Will should hear about the job tomorrow, the only downside is that they want him to start on Monday and we'd hoped to have a little more time off together but we're not complaining too loudly!
Fingers crossed please.....
Well done

Narangba is up near Deception Bay. How did he get a job up there ?

Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:17 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mrs D,
The house we hope we're renting is at Wellington Point the job is somewhere on the northside beginning with N (Naranga???), we'd not heard of it but the car salesman has told Will thats how far away it is!?! We'll do a reccy tonight I think
Narangba - errr ok, not sure that it would be 90 mins even in peak hour traffic, probably about an hour? Easiest way to get there would be over the Gateway bridge, once you get past that you will actually be going against the traffic, so it shouldnt be so bad. We live just up the road from you & it takes us about 30 mins to get to Murrumba Downs (about 10 mins this side of Narangba). Add 15 mins to get over the bridge (it can be busy depending on when Will has to start work) & an extra 15 mins to get the extra distance. My guess is about an hour, or a smidge over, in peak hour.

Just thought, they were doing some road works up that way a little while back, depnding on whether thats finished may add some extra time as well.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:25 am
Account Closed

Mrs D,
Thanks, that sounds better, I should have rung and asked you in the first place, who trusts car salesmen Just found it on a street map, closeish to Redcliffe, we were there yesterday and it didnt seem to take too long.

ABC,
The job is through a contact Will made in the UK who has been super helpful, he has another northside interview lined up and one down here which would be great.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michaela

Glad to hear all is working out!!.... and so quickly too! Hope some of your good luck rubs off on us when we get there ........that's if I ever get someone to buy my bleedin' house!

Petra
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by artep
Hi Michaela

Glad to hear all is working out!!.... and so quickly too! Hope some of your good luck rubs off on us when we get there ........that's if I ever get someone to buy my bleedin' house!

Petra

Thanks Petra,
all I need now is a drinking partner so hurry up will you!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed on the job front Mcmercer pleased to hear things are working out for you all.

footie chick
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Fingers crossed on the job front Mcmercer pleased to hear things are working out for you all.

footie chick
Thats it, you all congratulate mcmercer while poor old will goes out to work.
I'm going to have to get the trousers back.

Thanks to everyone for their help, maybe i'll get a chance to see Brisbane sometime other than driving to work.

Will
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Williem
Thats it, you all congratulate mcmercer while poor old will goes out to work.
I'm going to have to get the trousers back.

Thanks to everyone for their help, maybe i'll get a chance to see Brisbane sometime other than driving to work.

Will
They are secretly all congratulating her on getting rid of you out of the house so quickly Will
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:12 am
Account Closed

lol Mrs D

We did a dummy run earlier, you were right, only 40 minutes on clear roads, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.