Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Busy Britian..... take 2

Busy Britian..... take 2

Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:02 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Pray tell me how many million's Melbourne has living in what area , people bunch together where ever they are , the lights in Australia are third world it's a wonder any showed up it's near impossible to read street names at night here.

Have you cleaned your spectacles recently?

Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
Have you cleaned your spectacles recently?
Driving around Perth Burbs at night you need night vision sights, all street lighting here in the Burbs is less use than a candle.

Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:49 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Driving around Perth Burbs at night you need night vision sights, all street lighting here in the Burbs is less use than a candle.

Your usually sharp wit seems a bit DULL today...

(narrator: "ten-to-one on he'll come back with something witty about Perth being Dullsville, and 9 years in Oz has pickled his groin")
Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Your usually sharp wit seems a bit DULL today...

(narrator: "ten-to-one on he'll come back with something witty about Perth being Dullsville, and 9 years in Oz has pickled his groin")
Won the monthly raffle at work yesterday and invested it a longer happy hour last night , me heads banging.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 10th 2003 at 12:59 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:56 pm
Not here

Won the monthly raffle at work yesterdayand invested it a longer happy hour last night , me heads banging.

Oh well...as Bowdler would say serves yourself (expletive deleted) right.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 12:58 pm
Banned

Oh well...as Bowdler would say serves yourself (expletive deleted) right.
I did share me pickings with Aussie friends just back from a world tour jammy buggers .

Old Jul 10th 2003, 3:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by badgersmount
Have to admit didn't know this. I thought we were quite a bit "less populated".

badgers

You could be right for once?

The index is an attempt by the government to gauge whether its policies are working and demotes economic growth from being the only measure of regional well-being to just one of 15 .

Since being introduced in 1999 three areas in the index have got worse - violent crime, traffic volume and household waste - and five remained the same. They are health services, education, investment, air quality, and the number of farmland birds. The economy has improved, employment gone up, poverty and social exclusion gone down and housing conditions and river quality improved.

The government chose birds to measure the quality of life because they are good indicators of the broad state of wildlife in cities and countryside, since they are near the top of the food chain. If there are fewer birds both nature and quality of life for humans is seen as poorer.

Woodland species were thriving much better in all northern regions and declining in the east, south-east and south-west. Farmland species were declining in every area where they have been reliably counted, and here again the south is worst affected.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/britain/ar...996010,00.html

Old Jul 10th 2003, 4:55 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by etlniwd
That's because all the Taffs and Jocks move to England to get work.

Ethnic divisions
English 81.5%
Scottish 9.6%
Irish 2.4%
Welsh 1.9%
Ulster 1.8%
Caribbean, Indian, Pakistani, and other 2.8%

http://www.scherp.com/england.htm.

Actually it's the other way round - there's more English people (percentages)moving into Wales (than vice versa) for cheaper houses, and taking Welsh jobs. For start some places within the London area have over 10 per cent unemployment , some of the highest unemployment rates in the UK- London holds some of the poorest suburbs, people and lack of employment - compare that to Swansea's 3. point something unemployment rates.

There may be 2.9 mill in Wales - but they are not all welsh born people - in some places/towns in Wales it can be as high as 25% of non - welsh people living there (this includes English, Pakistani's etc, etc)

There are more English people in Wales (percentage figures) than Welsh or scots who move to England.

Now where's my matches must burn down some holiday homes
cheers
Old Jul 10th 2003, 4:57 pm
Not here

Originally posted by Ceri
Now where's my matches must burn down some holiday homes
cheers
You Welsh girls must be HOOT at a party...
Old Jul 10th 2003, 4:59 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

You Welsh girls must be HOOT at a party...
shut it florida swamp!
Cheers
Old Jul 10th 2003, 5:02 pm
Not here

Originally posted by Ceri
shut it florida swamp!
Cheers
Watch it...it's Bowdler Day...
Old Jul 10th 2003, 5:25 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Watch it...it's Bowdler Day...
I name you president of "talking B*llux" day.

here try this quiz if your bored - wimp boy/girl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/crime/redcap/quiz.shtml

I got -

"Well, you're certainly a tough one! Nothing fazes you and you're prepared for everything, but it won't win you many friends. Just remember that there are subtle and diplomatic ways of dealing with people that don't require the use of piano wire and gaffer tape. "

They're talking Boll*x too !!

((I just discovered the BBC's game page - gawd I must be bored!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/games/category.shtml?brain

cheers
Old Jul 10th 2003, 10:22 pm
Badge

what a load of bollocks!!

since when did redcaps - known as "monkeys"!! ever go to "boot camp" (there's a picture of a Yank marine drill sergeant that thinks he should be called "Sir!" )

I detest this Americanisation of British military culture...everyone seems to think that the British Army runs "boot camps" and all soldiers go round singing when they're marching etc, saying "Sir Yes Sir" etc, generally acting like idiots.

just my 2.4cents.

badgers

Old Jul 10th 2003, 10:28 pm
Not here

Originally posted by badgersmount

what a load of bollocks!!

since when did redcaps - known as "monkeys"!! ever go to "boot camp" (there's a picture of a Yank marine drill sergeant that thinks he should be called "Sir!" )

I detest this Americanisation of British military culture...everyone seems to think that the British Army runs "boot camps" and all soldiers go round singing when they're marching etc, saying "Sir Yes Sir" etc, generally acting like idiots.

just my 2.4cents.

badgers

Good one badgers. A worthy 0.00964710 GBP worth.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 11:27 pm
Badge

i'm bored at work and trying to meet my expats posting quota