Business Loans

Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Business Loans

I've just returned from my trip to oz and whilst we were in Port Douglas the sun, sea and beer got us thinking about other options available to us. We already have permanent residency visas (now stamped!!) but instead of doing the same job different location, we started to think about the possibility of a completely fresh start and maybe buying a business (we had consumed a lot of alcohol by this point and were passing estate agents with cafes etc.. for sale).

Most of the businesses did not include buildings so I was wondering how easy it is to get a business loan in Oz to help purchase a business (we'd only have around £40k to put to it), especially as we don't really have anything to secure the loan against other than business name/fixtures.

We've never run a business before, but hey no harm in investigating all avenues however unrealistic some may be
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Re: Business Loans

Anyone?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:19 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
I've just returned from my trip to oz and whilst we were in Port Douglas the sun, sea and beer got us thinking about other options available to us. We already have permanent residency visas (now stamped!!) but instead of doing the same job different location, we started to think about the possibility of a completely fresh start and maybe buying a business (we had consumed a lot of alcohol by this point and were passing estate agents with cafes etc.. for sale).

Most of the businesses did not include buildings so I was wondering how easy it is to get a business loan in Oz to help purchase a business (we'd only have around £40k to put to it), especially as we don't really have anything to secure the loan against other than business name/fixtures.

We've never run a business before, but hey no harm in investigating all avenues however unrealistic some may be
Depending on the price of the business I would say that most banks would want some kind of security against property.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Depending on the price of the business I would say that most banks would want some kind of security against property.
That's what I thought, the businesses were around the £150k mark.

Was just wondering if it was possible to get a loan without having a house or business premises to secure the loan.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:08 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Just been down this route, and it totally depends on each situation obviously!! Depending on the type of bsns you are looking to buy and its turnover etc etc, Australia is like every other part of the world, there is always someone out there that will lend you money, just depends how much you want to pay for it!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Just been down this route, and it totally depends on each situation obviously!! Depending on the type of bsns you are looking to buy and its turnover etc etc, Australia is like every other part of the world, there is always someone out there that will lend you money, just depends how much you want to pay for it!!!
One of the businesses we looked at was being sold by a friend of my mum's boss. It was a cafe that was up for just over $300k. He said it was turning over a profit of $200k per year. Seemed like a good business and in fantastic location on main road in Port Douglas.

Maybe too much sun and beer got us thinking alittle crazy!

Would be nice to make a complete change of things as opposed to doing same I.T. job in a different country.

How did you go about getting info about the loans and did you run a business previously (presuming this may go against us some what).