Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Flights

Business Class Flights

Old May 18th 2007, 4:01 pm
skye

Default Business Class Flights

Is it worth it......... and how is it better? (probably a stupid question)!

Old May 18th 2007, 4:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Flights

Originally Posted by skye
friggin exspensive mate
we looked into it when we emergrated
you know sold the house had more in your back pocket than usual
soon knocked it on the head when i saw the prices though
Old May 18th 2007, 4:29 pm
skye

We thought we would have to pay for our flights, but our employer in oz is paying so thought we could pay the difference - OH is petrified of flying, hence my other post of cruising to NY then getting a non stop flight to brisbane - that way its only one flight hopefully!

Old May 18th 2007, 4:56 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

We thought we would have to pay for our flights, but our employer in oz is paying so thought we could pay the difference - OH is petrified of flying, hence my other post of cruising to NY then getting a non stop flight to brisbane - that way its only one flight hopefully!
just checked

economy one way approx 450 quid
business class one way approx £2250 mmmm thats why i didnt bother
Old May 18th 2007, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

It's personal taste as to whether or not it's worth it and depends on your budget too.

We upgraded to business on the Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur leg in February but were then in economy from KL to Heathrow. Wish we'd booked business all the way as it was a long way after having all that extra leg room. Hence the reason we have booked business for when we emigrate in June - can't wait. We are £2800 for the 3 of us one way.
Old May 18th 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

It's personal taste as to whether or not it's worth it and depends on your budget too.

We upgraded to business on the Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur leg in February but were then in economy from KL to Heathrow. Wish we'd booked business all the way as it was a long way after having all that extra leg room. Hence the reason we have booked business for when we emigrate in June - can't wait. We are £2800 for the 3 of us one way.
That does not seem bad price can i ask who you fly with?

Cheryl
Old May 18th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
That does not seem bad price can i ask who you fly with?

Cheryl
Hi

Yes we are flying with Eva Air and booked through Asda Travel. If you go through WeFly.co.uk it's even cheaper but we didn't realise at the time. We feel it's worth it but as I said it is personal choice.
Old May 18th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

I got upgraded coming back from brisbane last year with singapore! it was lovely but don't think i would pay all that extra money
Old May 18th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Might be worth checking with the employer. My company always fly staff business class. I think it is so that they can't be sued for DVT...
Old May 18th 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Don't want to hijack your thread Skye but does anyone know why it's so much more expensive to fly after 15th June esp July & Aug when it's winter in Oz?
Is it same old, same old, everyone putting prices up cos it's school hols! :curse:
Old May 18th 2007, 8:25 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

British Airways / Virgin Atlantic = completely flat bed in business
Qantas, Singapore, Malaysian = Angled flat bed

Cathay business only has beds on the first part of the route then seats on the second. Emirates dont have flat beds at all in business except on the new plane which I think is currently doing the Melbourne route. Most other airlines have normal (admitedly large seats), but if your going to pay for business class then

If flying business then use BA/ Virgin / Qantas, Singapore or Malaysian. Is it worth it ?

A bed on the airplane, excellent food (usually), decent lounges and showers on stops and Virgin for example will limo you to and from the airport.

For me thats worth it, but some can hack economy for 24 hours since it is a large sum of money afterall.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi not sure about business not an option for us as got 4 kids and not sure how peeps will deal with that !! Oh and dont forget the cash too!

Well i'm petrified of being locked in a plane for 13 hrs till we get to singapore then 7hrs to Bris... BUT went to docs and got vallium to take and got my first flight in 8 yrs tomorrow to Dublin.. Will keep you posted, just got to get used to being on a plane.....

S-j x
Old May 18th 2007, 8:57 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Cathay business only has beds on the first part of the route then seats on the second. .
We had angled beds all the way here with Cathay but that was 2 years ago. Flying BC with Malaysian when we go back next month and as I understand it they are angled flat beds. Got a very good price.

To the OP - yes it is worth it but then again the OH has previously had a DVT and he is quite a big man.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:22 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

just checked out the we fly sight and its not as cheap as you say 2 adults 2 kids £8500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

Yes we are flying with Eva Air
Eva air? Who are they? Seems silly cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.